CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I'm not sure who's more sad here, Nikki with her obvious attention-whoring irrelevant updates or the fact that people still give it 4 pages instead of waiting for an actual concrete number.Might as well anyone start next weekend's thread already since we're going to have discussion of guesses.

I guess she could give us a TDKR weekend estimates as soon as pre-sales for midnights begin.

"Dark Knight" Rises to #1 on Fandango pre-sale list; hefty screen average indicates Friday gross $65-$90 million; NO RECORD. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

I guess she could give us a TDKR weekend estimates as soon as pre-sales for midnights begin.

She'd better take a course on extrapolation soon. Pre-sales are starting very soon. :P :P

• Founder / Operator

80M+ is a quite good first estimate. People expecting over 100M were dreaming.

As she notes, its based on matinee trends. Matinees on Friday are basically the worst period of business for a movie like Avengers during the weekend. Its highly, highly likely that her 80m estimate is a worst case scenario projection and the real numbers will trend toward 90-100m.

"Dark Knight" Rises to #1 on Fandango pre-sale list; hefty screen average indicates Friday gross $65-$90 million; NO RECORD.

your being to generous

"Dark Knight" Rises to #1 on Fandango pre-sale list; hefty screen average indicates Friday gross $50-95 million; No Record and an opening weekend of 130m-185m; No Record."

• Like 1

Wasn't she like 50m off of her TA weekend estimates based on matines? She's doing the same mistake again. You can't defend her, that's one thing that she gets info early on, but those are surely not estimates, just partial numbers. She can't do a proper extrapolation, never guessed a film's IM right and what makes thing much worse, she can't write.

your being to generous

"Dark Knight" Rises to #1 on Fandango pre-sale list; hefty screen average indicates Friday gross $50-95 million; No Record and an opening weekend of 130m-185m; No Record."

WED JULY 18, 4 PM UPDATE:

"I'm on vacation but my sources tell me Warner Bros' "Dark Knight Rises" is shaping up to be a force at the box-office, but not enough to break the records set by Disney/Marvel's "The Avengers". More updates to follow."

your being to generous

"Second weekend estimate at 75-95M; No Record."
  • Like 1