Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Without 109 discount day, tomorrow presale is much better than today ....

yup. Sundays have been 20%+ bigger than saturdays. Toho should be 25%+ tomorrow.definitely 7m for the weekend. If sunday surprises and tohox snaps back the OW still has a slight chance.either way, a few % drop from 2weeks ago is insane. HMC dropped 50% after NY compared to 2weeks priorSA dropped 25% to 6.6m when summer ended.Next weekend is important, it needs to confirm. Edited by mfantin65

This is slightly irrelevant to Frozen's box office, but one front where Frozen is losing compared to Despicable Me 2 is Youtube: Let It Go has ~220M views, whereas Happy has ~230M views

the 220m views video is one of thousand let it go videos (officials, covers, parodies), that combined have over 1 billion of views.

Top Ten Let it go videos

Official from movie 220M

Demi Lovato single 154M

Official singalong 68M

Official japanese (2 version) 49M

Alex Boye' tribal 38M

Official from movie UK 36M

Multilanguage 23M

Madi lee cover 20M

Idina Menzel Vevo 20M

Zoe & Maddie 16M

If you considere all the frozen-related videos, the total of views is more than double.

• Like 2

Sutaurday 5/10 Admissions [Toho+Kinezo etc]

Toho - Top 5
1.Frozen....50503
2.Thermae2..18786
3.Conan.....11215
4.TASM2.....10454
5.Woodjob....8801

*Frozen.....50503
*rank 2-5...49256

Movix
33785 (last holiday, 5/6)
16058 (today)

OW......13123
Wk-7....12075
Wk-8....17288 (GW)
today...18022 (discounts day)

Kinezo
Wk-6....12804
Wk-7....12849
today...10710

Toho
OW.....58491
Wk-5...57560
Wk-6...56713
Wk-7...56390
today..50503

Toho   *Sat - Sun [rate of increase]
OW.....58491--64414 (+10%)
Wk-5...57560--67869 (+18%)
Wk-6...56713--68963 (+21.5%)
Wk-7...56390--68906 (+22%)

*Frozen estimates $3m-3.3m (Total *est - $163.2m-163.5m

*TASM2 estimates $0.73m (Total *est - $20.93m)

Edit: Frozen Exceeded 13million admissions
Edited by Hans13
  • Like 1

the 220m views video is one of thousand let it go videos (officials, covers, parodies), that combined have over 1 billion of views.

Top Ten Let it go videos

Official from movie 220M

Demi Lovato single 154M

Official singalong 68M

Alex Boye' tribal 38M

Multilanguage 23M

Madi lee cover 20M

Idina Menzel Vevo 20M

Zoe & Maddie 16M

If you considere all the frozen-related videos, the total of views is more than double.

Also, Happy was released 15 days earlier and Let It Go is still doing over 1m per day.

Happy probably got a boost from being used in advertising so much, I've heard it on 3 different commercials so far.

I wonder how long before we hear Let It Go on a commercial?

I have homework assignment for anyone that wants to do it, Im not at a computer this weekend. Lets see if we can come up with a better multiplier. As the numbers get smaller tohox could get more erratic. Lets combine the 4 chains we have, and figure the percentage of market share they have.We know that monday toho was about 22% share of 6.8m. Come up with a percentage share of the whole from the other 3 chains as compared to toho. Then compare to tuesdays 5.5m individually then see if the percentages for mon to friday 15.5m estimate remain constant or need to be tweeked and an average percentages derivedFor instancemovix was 14k today. 28% of toho or 6.16% of the wholeKinezo was 12k, 24% of toho, 5.28%If 109 didnt have a discount day maybe 10k, 20% toho, 4.4%37.84% total admissions = 2.64 x$13.10 sat = 34.5 TKM1x = 3m for today, but of course that's off because discount. But since we have a large enough percentage, then the 109 is up but the others are down and its factored in. The extra 8k at 109 maybe offset by the other 3 chains bringing the total to 3.3m. Back checking this to earlier in the week will confirm.$12.80 sun/holiday$14.50 weekday$11.00 wed$10.80 national discount day

Edited by mfantin65

Also, Happy was released 15 days earlier and Let It Go is still doing over 1m per day.

Happy probably got a boost from being used in advertising so much, I've heard it on 3 different commercials so far.

I wonder how long before we hear Let It Go on a commercial?

The biggest boost for Happy is probably from radio airplay. Not only in US but also in many other countries.

This is slightly irrelevant to Frozen's box office, but one front where Frozen is losing compared to Despicable Me 2 is Youtube: Let It Go has ~220M views, whereas Happy has ~230M views

yeah, as other have mentioned, combining more than one let it go video easily tops Happy... i mean for example the disney one

and the disney uk one (which are 100% the same video)

amount to 256M views :)

and thats not even counting multiple singalong versions that are also basically the same video...

yeah, as other have mentioned, combining more than one let it go video easily tops Happy... i mean for example the disney one

and the disney uk one (which are 100% the same video)

amount to 256M views :)

and thats not even counting multiple singalong versions that are also basically the same video...

Top Ten Let it go videos

Official from movie 220M

Demi Lovato single 154M

Official singalong 68M

Alex Boye' tribal 38M

Multilanguage 23M

Madi lee cover 20M

Idina Menzel Vevo 20M

Zoe & Maddie 16M

Good news: presale for sunday is working well. This is the situation for morning/afternoon:

Soldout or near (over 80%) 9/34

Level 50%-80% 15/34

Level -50% 10/34

Average about 55/60%, the same level of last sunday, but with fewer seats avaliable.

Edited by edroger

I could have sworn there was also a generic Disney Studios channel on YouTube with another exact copy of the Let It Go video that had maybe 20+M views on it last time I saw it, and I remembered thinking, "Why split the view count with the Disney Animation Studios channel?" but that channel and video seem to have disappeared...

But anyway, back to Japan...