Monday 06/09 Admissions Rankings [ 4 chains combined (34-38% market share) ]

rank  Adm    Title    

*1 *19041  FROZEN (WK-14)
 *2 **5304 Pompeii (Wk-2)
 *3 **4683 MONSTERZ モンスターズ (WK-3)
 *4 **4386 X-MEN:DOFP (Wk-3)
 *5 **3430 青天の霹靂 (WK-4)
 *6 **2862 万能鑑定士Q -モナ・リザの瞳-(WK-3)
 *7 **2406 The Grand Budapest Hotel (WK-2)
 *8 **2083 Need For Speed (WK-2)
 *9 **2069 Thermae Romae 2 (WK-8)
 10 **2022 劇場版「ペルソナ3」第2章 (WK-2)

*today estimates.. 80m yen ($0.78m)

*Current total estimate - 22.41 billion yen

*based on BOM.. $218.3m + $0.78m =  $219.08m 
  • Like 2

Just an 8% per week drop from 2 weeks ago. I was thinking at least 6.4m for last weekend before I realized there was a discount sunday. The upcoming weekend will give us a good idea of how it holds thru mid July. If it holds 90+% with impending vod and dvd then we could only imagine what it would've done w/o it. Especially with summer boost. Even with all the new releases coming in the summer it would've held 60k seats and that would've been enough for a 3m weekend, a 7m midweek and 300m by the end of obon. Not sure how it will play out otherwise. They dropped the ball on this one.

Edited by T E Lawrence

Just an 8% per week drop from 2 weeks ago. I was thinking at least 6.4m for last weekend before I realized there was a discount sunday. The upcoming weekend will give us a good idea of how it holds thru mid July. If it holds 90+% with impending vod and dvd then we could only imagine what it would've done w/o it. Especially with summer boost. Even with all the new releases coming in the summer it would've held 60k seats and that would've been enough for a 3m weekend, a 7m midweek and 300m by the end of obon. Not sure how it will play out otherwise. They dropped the ball on this one.

I thought someone said this Saturday is Toho day. If so, it will probably increase this weekend.

I thought someone said this Saturday is Toho day. If so, it will probably increase this weekend.

Toho will have a 30-40% boost but most of that is negated by the ticket average price dropping by 20% and other theater losing some ticket sales.Name the movie"God created all men. Sam Colt made them equal."" I don't eat things that are still movin'." Edited by T E Lawrence

Toho will have a 30-40% boost but most of that is negated by the ticket average price dropping by 20% and other theater losing some ticket sales.Name the movie"God created all men. Sam Colt made them equal."" I don't eat things that are still movin'."

Quigley Down Under

(you basically asked Google, which always has an answer)

But if that was an indirect way of asking whether this movie has anything to do with my username, you need to try harder.  ;)  :P

Frozen is finally starting to drop like a normal film. Since most films have decent multipliers in Japan frozen should still manage $40-60 million more provided they don't yank it completely and dvd doesn't completely cripple it.

Frozen is finally starting to drop like a normal film. Since most films have decent multipliers in Japan frozen should still manage $40-60 million more provided they don't yank it completely and dvd doesn't completely cripple it.

I wouldnt call -7.75% for consecutive weekends normal. Tuesday holding @ 90% confirming weekend hold. Edited by T E Lawrence

I wouldnt call -7.75% for consecutive weekends normal. Tuesday holding @ 90% confirming weekend hold.

I meant normal as in it's finally dropped rather than staying flat which is what most films do. it's a good hold but a drop nonetheless and the trend looks to continue. 

Omni, where you been?

These recent news about the theatrical run probably stopping in July, combined with the weak dailies and the weekend dropping under 6M really took me down. At this point, SA's 30.4 record is out of reach, 2nd place ahead of Titan is still likely...but honestly, I just can't digest (kinda approprate, huh?) the way things have gone.

For me 350m is still alive, even if it's impossible.  hope dies last!

Hope is one of the worst evils, the ancient Greeks understood it clearly. 350M is dead, and hope too.

So it dropped only 15.448% from week 11 to 13 a 7.724% per week average not to bad :)

Bad maths, you can't do the division. The average drop is above 8%.

Were is Mfartin or something like that? Is he gone?

Was it supposed to be a joke?

• Like 1