Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

For those "2 week totals", are all those just for the end of their 2nd weekend or are some of them to the end of their 2nd week?

I'm curious since BOM has Monsters University as $20,152,389 after it's 2nd weekend (July 13-14), but on the above list it has MU as $25.2m, which would seem to include the weekdays from its 2nd week.

Edit- OK, I checked a bunch of others on the list and they all seem to be just to the end of the 2nd weekend, it only seems the numbers for MU don't jive.

I included MU's holiday Monday into it's 2-week total, so it's a 10-day total instead of 9-day.

Update Japan by 2 pm

Mon         Today
TOHO     14958       19027

109          4343         4575

KINEZO    4601       2681

Was Monday a discount day in Kinezo? Because that Monday number is unusually high. If I remember correctly, last week 2 pm update was less than 2000?

Was Monday a discount day in Kinezo? Because that Monday number is unusually high. If I remember correctly, last week 2 pm update was less than 2000?

Likely.

Last Tuesday KINEZO had 1,694 admissions.

So there's a good chance it rises for the 3rd straight week :D Reminds me of SK, frozen also increased 3 straight weeks here and the fourth week was as big as the first.

That's what I thought too, so far it's following the trajectory in SK but with bigger gross. Especially if it increases in its 3rd weekend. It's possible, but not certain though, since apparently Frozen skews older than most kids/animated films. And usually, only kids/animated films increase on the weekend in the middle of spring break (last weekend of March), while others have small drops.

Edited by catlover

So there's a good chance it rises for the 3rd straight week :D Reminds me of SK, frozen also increased 3 straight weeks here and the fourth week was as big as the first.

That's what I thought too, so far it's following the trajectory in SK but with bigger gross. Especially if it increases in its 3rd weekend. It's possible, but not certain though, since apparently Frozen skews older than most kids/animated films. And usually, only kids/animated films increase on the weekend in the middle of spring break (last weekend of March), while others have small drops.

its definely going to be up this week. True it drawing older, the kids are not boosting as much as other animation but its doing well. Last Thismon. 1.3m. 1.9m + 46%tues 1.5m 2.2m + 47%13-15m for the week. Tomorrow should almost double mondayweekend has a good chance of increasing. Gotta a chance to do 24m total
  • Like 1

That better be the end of the comparison, though, as it kind of collapsed after its 4th weekend. :P

• Like 1

$100m locked?... :ph34r:

Toy Story 3, Monsters University, Alice in Wonderland and others taught us that post-holiday numbers can be very disappointed. We should also keep in mind what happened in South Korea: some thought that 11M admissions were locked, and it 'only' finished with 10.3M. Frozen's chances of going above 100M are definitively above 50%, but it's still far from being locked.

That better be the end of the comparison, though, as it kind of collapsed after its 4th weekend. :P

Not really, it's holds were just crazy for the first 4 weeks and just normalized after that. It only collapsed on 03/02 with the coinciding of the release of sing-along(this was a big mistake), end of winter break, and release of Frozen online.

Japan doesn't have to worry about anything like that though I think. 

Having drops in the 35/55% range means collapsing by Frozen's standards!

The drops were pretty hefty I'll give you that but by then it was almost a month into it's release. Also it was still raking in the admissions keeping the top 1-2 spot in the BO for much of february. 

E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL record all-time for most weekend #1 (16), top 5 (27) and top 10 (44) and #1 WW from 1982 to 1993

great run but star wars sold 18m more tix. bom doesn't have all the weekly data though. they have to be close for #1 weekends and top 10s