Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

It got boring after the dvd announcement.

Its first 3 months in Japan were the most exciting box office experience since probably Titanic.

It's time to stop beating a dead horse.

The dvd is being released. Nothing can be done about it.

Corpse, I saw that you posted the Doraemon grosses on KJ...the early grosses seem relatively small given the amount of admissions. Were tickets really that much cheaper in the 80s ? Admissions that much higher ? And to what extent ?

The 80s through mid 90s was a pretty weak 10-15 year period for the box-office, and it was probably due to ticket prices seeing a big hike those years.  Tickets prices starting in the early 80s were 2-3x higher than the early/mid 70s.  Ticket prices eventually peaked in the mid 90s (94/95), and that's when the box-office began to pick up again.

Holiday weekend next week and Summer's official start.  $20 million is still doable. :)

Does this meen that there will be an increase in box office next weekend or a very small decline ?

Its hard to predict Japanese box office and I have no clue on how summer holidays affect the older movies already in theaters.

Edited by Annayya

It's unhealthy to dwell in the past. I've already moved on to tracking Frozen's run at the record for most Blurays sold, it only has to beat Avatar now.

http://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart

I think it will beat Avatar Blu-rays sold by end of 2014.

Also, I don't recall ever seeing any Blu-ray on Amazon having over 10,000 reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy/dp/B00G5G7K7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405225661&sr=8-1&keywords=frozen+bluray

• Like 2