hasanahmad

Monday Actuals Box Office 5/15/2012 . Avengers 7.9 DS 2.3

good number, i was expecting a higher number but it's very good compared to other may movies, i expect better hold on the weekdays than last week so a $6,5 thru can happen, also the friday increase will be much higher than last week, aroung 170% (maybe bigger) A third weekend near $60 is on store (I hope so) Battleship will have trouble making half of what avengers is doing, it will not make $100 domestic, maybe $35 OW but a +60% second weekend drop is very likely

The highest grossing movie of January 1st, I presume.

Not quite. It would be the highest grossing film of the first weekend in January. Ghost Protocol was #1 on January 1st, but was a 2011 movie. The Devil Inside was #1 on January 6 and thus became the #1 movie in one day.

You will all probably laugh at this bit i really liked Cutthroat Island, i liked it much more than the POTC films and it felt like a very old school pirate film from the 40's and 50's.Speaking of bombs, what about Pluto Nash, it only made like 2mil and cost about 100mil or something!.

Yes, Cutthroat Island, directed by the former "finnish hope of cinema" Renny Harlin.. His career never really recovered.

lol

You HAD to underline this.

I will always thank him for DieHard2 and...mindhunters. :ph34r:

Not quite. It would be the highest grossing film of the first weekend in January. Ghost Protocol was #1 on January 1st, but was a 2011 movie. The Devil Inside was #1 on January 6 and thus became the #1 movie in one day.

That's why i always loved the accuracy of BOM forumers.:)

Cutthroat Island would like to have a word with you.

Carolcco went bankrupt because of this.Don't gorget Heaven's Gate.The biggest game changer in Hollywood.After this movie, directors became the yes men of producers.