hasanahmad

Monday Actuals Box Office 5/15/2012 . Avengers 7.9 DS 2.3

IMHO, 70 mill is about as impossible as Battleship opening to 200 mill. It would have to have some kind of a freakish weekend multipler. Say it ends with 6.5 on Thursday, that means to get to 70 mill, it would have to do something absurd like this:

Friday: 19.5 +200%

Sat: 30.6 (+57%)

Sun: 21.4 (-30%)

71.5 mill

That's impossible.

It can and it will!, just ask ijacksparrow. :D
  • Like 1

Damn i said 8.4, i knew it would be around that number anyway, people expecting over 10mil were dreaming.

Damn i said 8.4, i knew it would be around that number anyway, people expecting over 10mil were dreaming.

I wasn't expecting. Yes I was dreaming.

I think $8,2m for a second Monday is a pretty impressive hold. :)

I'm not slagging the film in any way as I love it of course but at this point, it's not impressive or unimpressive. It's normal and it is following the patterns of most other films released on the first week of May. The rest of the weekdays should be easy to predict.

I'm not slagging the film in any way as I love it of course but at this point, it's not impressive or unimpressive. It's normal and it is following the patterns of most other films released on the first week of May. The rest of the weekdays should be easy to predict.

How easy to predict the $100m was next to the weekday numbers? And I don't think you're slagging anything, I just think that monday's box office is a direct result of the weekend. And I also think that $60m-$65m next weekend isn't a stretch.
  • Like 1

How easy to predict the $100m was next to the weekday numbers? And I don't think you're slagging anything, I just think that monday's box office is a direct result of the weekend. And I also think that $60m-$65m next weekend isn't a stretch.

Yes, the 100 mill was easy to predict after the Monday number came in. Box office is easy to predict once you have some data and a pattern to work with.I guarnatee you Avengers will increase between 8-10% today, drop 23-26% tomorrow and then drop 4-7% on Thursday. This is all based on years of data to work with.

Yes, the 100 mill was easy to predict after the Monday number came in. Box office is easy to predict once you have some data and a pattern to work with.I guarnatee you Avengers will increase between 8-10% today, drop 23-26% tomorrow and then drop 4-7% on Thursday. This is all based on years of data to work with.

If you guarantee me this, I'll take your word for it. My curiosity is how the box office will be at the weekend, and I still think TA has some aces under its sleeve.

There goes TDK's final number

I know. It's last hope to make TDK is now gone :(For those that aren't getting that this is a joke...it's a joke

If you guarantee me this, I'll take your word for it. My curiosity is how the box office will be at the weekend, and I still think TA has some aces under its sleeve.

Yes, I agre....the weekend numbers are harder to predict.