Impact

Best score-2012

MK wasn't very original.

Just looked it up.

Here from Wikipedia:

The role of Benjamin Britten's music

A major feature of the film is music by Benjamin Britten, a composer notable for his many works for children's voices. At the Cannes Film Festival, during the post-screening press conference, Wes Anderson said that Britten's music "had a huge effect on the whole movie, I think. The movie's sort of set to it. The play of Noye's Fludde that is performed in it - my older brother and I were actually in a production of that when I was ten or eleven, and that music is something I've always remembered, and made a very strong impression on me. It is the colour of the movie in a way."[10]

The music by Britten used in the film, many of the tracks taken from recordings conducted or supervised by the composer himself, includes The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra (Introduction/Theme; Fugue), conducted by Leonard Bernstein; Friday Afternoons ('Cuckoo'; 'Old Abram Brown'); Simple Symphony ('Playful Pizzicato'); Noye's Fludde (various excerpts, including the processions of animals into and out of the ark, and 'The spacious firmament on high'); and A Midsummer Night's Dream ('On the ground, sleep sound').

James Newton Howard is gonna do the Bourne Legacy score. I really love John Powell's work in the Bourne Movies. The score for Bourne Supremacy is my favorite score ever. Hopefully, JNH gets the job done for Legacy. Should be good.

So, almost eight months in and the only film released so far with a decent chance at a nom here is John Carter, though some online pundits say Beasts of the Southern Wild has a shot.TDKR isn't getting anywhere near this award since the majority of its work is easily a retread of motifs and generic action music from BB and TDK.

It's basically up to our big contenders now. Lincoln, The Master, et al. Is Desplat doing anything this year (besides MK, as it's mostly Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra)? If so, then that.

Edited by acsc1312

I'm predicting Brave as well... I'm not sure about The Master. Could it be disqualified for whatever reason that There Will Be Blood was?

I think they changed the rules right after that year. I doubt Greenwood would risk it with this film anyway.