Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

Brave is underrated and Ralph is overrated.

Both were really good films. But Brave wasn't Pixar's "worst original effort." It was a good movie. Ralph wasn't one of Disney's "greatest modern animated films," but a funny, enjoyable flick.

I'm giving Ralph the edge based on the reviews Brave got in June. Brave was kinda sluggish in the reviews (not terrible, just not great either), while Ralph got positive reviews in November.

Frankenweenie could come as a dark horse contender though.

What I would liked to see nominated for Best Animation 

Frankenweenie 

Brave

ParaNorman

The Secret World of Arrietty 

A Cat in Paris 

* I am not sure if The Secret World of Arrietty  or A Cat in Paris were eligible.

Worst animation of the year was Hotel Transylvania 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I am the only person who thought Ralph was mediocre?

No, I thought it was a disappointingly ordinary use of its premise. I was particularly annoyed by the way they handled one plot development in the second half. Did love the climax, though.

I liked Brave best out of the nominees, but I won't be upset if Frankenweenie wins.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

They should've nominated Un Tableau (A Painting) but now that they haven't I hope Ralph wins. It's the only nominee I liked and didn't hate. Frankenweenie was tolerable at best. ParaNorman was awful, Pirates I have no comment about that, and Brave legitimately made me spew.