Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

Brave wins GG.Don't get me wrong because I love Brave and felt it got the shaft from critics, so I'm glad it got some recognition... But I honestly thought this was WiR's to lose. For the GG at least. What do I know.I wonder what the academy will do...

• Like 1

Just finished watching Brave. Reminded me of both The Hunger Games and Brother Bear. It wasn't that bad, I gave it a B-. I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph yet but all I've been hearing from my friends were good things about it.

Brave still made more money than WIR. The populist choice was Brave, and they picked it.Apparently, they didn't even invite Chapman to the GG... Awkward.

Well the industry views is that Brave wasn't good per se so the populist choice would've been Brave.

According to her twitter, Brenda Chapman, co-director of Brave who came up with most of the story and characters for the movie, wasn't invited to accept the Globe with Mark Andrews...

But why the hell would they not? That's kind of sadistic. It's like they sent the assistant instead of the creator.

Wreck-It Ralph wins 5 Annie Awards!

Best Animated Feature  "Wreck-It Ralph"

Best Animated Short Subject"Paperman"Animated Effects in an Animated Production"Rise of the Guardians"Animated Effects in a Live Action Production"The Avengers"Character Animation in a Feature Production"ParaNorman"Character Animation in a Live Action Production"Life of Pi"Character Design in an Animated Feature Production"ParaNorman"Directing in an Animated Feature ProductionRick Moore, "Wreck-It Ralph"Music in an Animated Feature Production"Wreck-It Ralph"Production Design in an Animated Feature Production"Brave"Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production"Rise of the Guardians"Voice Acting in an Animated Feature ProductionAlan Tudyk, "Wreck-It Ralph"Writing in an Animated Feature Production"Wreck-It Ralph"Editorial in an Animated Feature Production"Brave" 

Winsor McCay AwardOscar Grillo, Terry Gilliam, Mark Henn

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/wreck-it-ralph-wins-big-at-40th-annual-annie-awards#yC6p62Z2i70XvJ5M.99

Edited by forg