Impact

Best Animated Feature-2012

I'm actually in the process of downloading it now, but thanks to my wonderful ISP it's going at the same speed as a tectonic plate. It'll probably be ready for me overnight and i'll likely see it on monday as my girlfriend is commendeering me over the weekend.

Did you see Hotel Transylvania?I'd also recommend the new Ghibli film, From Up on Poppy Hill. Its a very calming, beautifully done movie.

I'm waiting for a 3D copy to come online for HT, but I can't wait to see it. I'll check out the Ghibli one, is it subbed or dubbed available. I haven't seen a Ghibli film since I randomly stumbled across the wonderful Ponyo.

Heh, I think it really says something about Miyazaki's filmography that Ponyo, that is indeed wonderful, is among his weaker movies imo. :lol: He's a master filmmaker.BTW, how would you watch HT in 3D on your computer?

I've only seen Ponyo and My Neighbour Totoro so I definitely have some catching up to do. When my friends and I saw it it was only due to it bridging a sizeable gap in our marathon day as we'd already seen Percy Jackson before it. I knew nothing about it apart from it's huge Japanese gross.And I use my TV as my PC monitor. Currently I'm sat in bed with a wireless keyboard and mouse while browsing the forums on a 40" TV.

The Ghibli movies are joyous to watch. The background paintings are just indescribably beautiful and loaded with detail.I dont actually care too much for Spirited Away, though. There's a monster character in that movie that is so nauseating, so vulgar, and so horrifying to watch that it ruins the movie for me. It has to be the most fucked up movie ever advertised for kids. You should check out Princess Mononoke. It out-epics Lord of the Rings.

I can probably find most of them online pretty easily. Got to agree about the back ground paintings, they're far more breathtaking than most CGI films around.

There's this old high school club building in From Up on Poppy Hill that is literally the most incredible set ever drawn for an animated movie. The amount of detail in that building is just mindblowing

Posted Image

But seriously, watch Ghilbi movies. Good stuff

Hotel Transylvania is pretty decent, not groundbreaking but an entertaining film nonetheless, I'm a fan of Genndy and he did well to rescue a film which was in development hell for almost 5 years, I look forward to Popeye. This year is looking like a solid year for animation, may possibly be another five nomination year.