MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

Yes so it could go up to 58 but also down to 53 which is likely seeing the 17-18 estimate went down

Different day of the weekend. Saturday has more showings and I don't know exactly how Rth can predict the numbers if it's 8:40pm in the West Coast right now. As you said, he missed last night, he could be lowballing it right now to not go as higher as he did yesterday. Regardless, a drop for another $15m Sunday isn't happening. It'll get cloepse to $60m. Or hopefully surpass it. ;)

The 24-25 figure might come down to 22-23

True but you used 24.5 and than had 39% drop on Sunday for 55M. Which is not happening, Its dropping in the twenties percent wise for Sunday.

Taylor Kitsch must be seriously thinking about suicide. His big year turned out to be a nightmare.

While Kitsch was featured heavily in the promotions for JC, I didn't see him at all in any ad for BS. If I did, it was only fleeting (and due to his short hair, he wasn't recognizable). The trailers I saw featured Neeson heavily and, of course, the aliens and special effects.Therefore, I don't think Kitsch will suffer much.That said, he might want to better evaluate his role selections. I can understand him taking JC. It's a Disney film, he's the lead - if this takes off, ala "Pirates", he's set. But it's clear that not all stories of action movies are hits. Even Depp has his misses. That said, the guy seems to have non-stop work in either movies or TV. I have a feeling he won't be going anywhere. If anything, his asking price might be lower, which, ironically, might generate even more work for him! Edited by doctoru2

druv, TA missed your 170% increase on Fri :P

That is the last time I use a movie other than IM2 for Friday increase. IM2 is a bad comparison for Sunday so we can just guess a drop in the twenties..

Well I just look at it like this, It made more it's 2nd weekend, than IM, Cap, and Thor did in their opening weekend. Now in it's 3rd weekend it will make more than likely make more than X First Class and GL did in their opening weekend.This thing opened so big I was really expecting a big drop sooner than now. I thought like most comic book movies the demand would have burned off by now.

Well I just look at it like this, It made more it's 2nd weekend, than IM, Cap, and Thor did in their opening weekend. Now in it's 3rd weekend it will make more than likely make more than X First Class and GL did in their opening weekend.This thing opened so big I was really expecting a big drop sooner than now. I thought like most comic book movies the demand would have burned off by now.

That's how I look at it too, but...“@franzbroseph: Avengers has three sold-out showings at the theatre i'm at, aww :')” 38 minutes ago :DI still think that Rth estimates are playing low this time, I'm not sure how he can measure screenings that are getting sold out as we speak. PS: mates, look how much of cutie this franzbroseph chick is. It always makes me fuzzy seeing cute girls giving TA some love. :$

Rth, can you explain to us how it worke your predictions when we are still getting sold out shows across North America? I'm aware that you can see the actual numbers, but I'm curious because I don't understand how you could calculate/estimate that.

While Kitsch was featured heavily in the promotions for JC, I didn't see him at all in any ad for BS. If I did, it was only fleeting (and due to his short hair, he wasn't recognizable). The trailers I saw featured Neeson heavily and, of course, the aliens and special effects.Therefore, I don't think Kitsch will suffer much.That said, he might want to better evaluate his role selections. I can understand him taking JC. It's a Disney film, he's the lead - if this takes off, ala "Pirates", he's set. But it's clear that not all stories of action movies are hits. Even Depp has his misses.That said, the guy seems to have non-stop work in either movies or TV. I have a feeling he won't be going anywhere. If anything, his asking price might be lower, which, ironically, might generate even more work for him!

At least Depp has his share of hits and worked his way up to A-list star. The people who put Kitsch as the lead of 200 million dollar projects should be shot. He's as interesting as a block of wood. They cast him purely on his looks. Morons!His movie career is "sunk". Now he go find work at the strip club where he belongs.