Totem

The Dark Knight Rises VS The Amazing Spiderman OS Battle

DC movies have never made more overseas than they have domestically, with the exception of Batman & Robin. But, I will give TDKR the benefit of the doubt and say it might be another outlier. Over 4 years, OST increased 22.75% over AWE OS. That's a compounded growth of 5.26% per year. TDKR will be released 4 years after TDK so i'm giving it the same 4-yr %age increase... 468.6M -> 575M.. without china. China's TDKR gross for now i'll put at 80M, for a total of 655M.TASM is 5 years after SM3 so projected growth imo is ~29%, so 554.3M -> 716M.TASM - 716MTDKR - 655MTASM over TDKR

Superman(1978) made more OS $166m than DOM $134m and in those days, that says a lot how famous Superman always was even abroad.

I don't want to gloat yet, but I think my 550m prediction was the lowest and will possibly be the closest. This thread is a hit when TDKR outgrosses TASM OS.

• Like 1

India? Indonesia?

Also possible in India, no idea about the other.

IMO India is impossible. based on the kind of films that do record breaking numbers like SM3, 2012, Avatar and now ASM, India prefers lighter movies. That is how bollywood films are as well.What did ASM make in Indonesia?

4.5m, biggest opening weekend of all time.

TDK grossed 2.78M. its not crazy to increase that much. Asian markets generally do that. But I have no clue about indonesian market behavior. I hope there is a resident to talk about the possibilities.Bluebomb, Have you looked at the indonesian markets and kind of movies that break records?

I don't follow it much although I do know that the Harry Potter franchise was huge there. Harry Potter 7-1 grossed over 6m and 7-2 made 8.2m. The Avengers made a gigantic 11.9m there.TDKR making 2m OW is its benchmark IMO. Harry Potter 7-1 barely managed to do that in 2010 so it's not impossible for TDKR to do it. The market seems to have expanded tremendously along with the rest of Southeast Asia.

TDK grossed 2.78M. its not crazy to increase that much. Asian markets generally do that. But I have no clue about indonesian market behavior. I hope there is a resident to talk about the possibilities.Bluebomb, Have you looked at the indonesian markets and kind of movies that break records?

In Malaysia, TDKR's opening weekend more than doubled TDK's opening weekend, but $1mil behind TASM's opening weekend. So in Malaysia, it is likely behind TASM for entire run, but should not be falling far behind. But, it is sure that TDKR's entire run will also double TDK in 2008 which only made around $2.7mil.