baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Fixed. :P

Well, admittedly I don't watch much 3D, but I have seen Avatar, TS3 (in IMAX and a regular theatre), DH2 and Titanic. Titanic was easily the best of those. Edited by lab276

Prometheus 3D is worth it though. I only saw it in digital though but it is akin to Avatar. It's not stuff jumping at you and crap. It's all world immersion. While, you can see it without just fine, I think this is one of the few where 3D is not a cheap moneygrab.

The only proper IMAX in Sydney is the same price whether it's in 2D or 3D. If a movie is 3D it never has any 2D sessions. The 3D in Prometheus was excellent in IMAX 3D. Although I might sit further back next time(I was one row in front of the middle) as the whole screen didn't fit between the frame of the 3D glasses. If I just stared straight the title sequence read-

R O M E T H E U

Edited by DeeCee

Well, admittedly I don't watch much 3D, but I have seen Avatar, TS3 (in IMAX and a regular theatre), DH2 and Titanic. Titanic was easily the best of those.

And you thought it was better than Avatar's?!? :blink: DH2 and TS3 had pretty crappy 3D though, so I can definitely see how you thought it was better than them.

Happy if the numbers hold for "Prometheus", it's not your typical blockbuster but I think audiences are responding to it. M3 is doing well cause the family market is starving right now. MIB 3 and TA has been all they've really had this summer.

Well, Madasgascar 3 didn't have good numbers last weekend, but I'm not sure if it's open everywhere. It ended below The Avengers by less than the half.

It was open in a whopping 3 countries...

And you thought it was better than Avatar's?!? :blink: DH2 and TS3 had pretty crappy 3D though, so I can definitely see how you thought it was better than them.

I wasn't that wowed by Avatar. Maybe it's just because the only way I've been able to watch Titanic was the 1999 DVD release which isn't all that great. The picture is small and grainy. The rerelease was super clear and huge.

Well, Madasgascar 3 didn't have good numbers last weekend, but I'm not sure if it's open everywhere. It ended below The Avengers by less than the half.

I thought you were on hiatus?