baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

I don't get why audiences are not giving Prometheus a chance. Are they really going to let a few negative reviews completely persuade them into not seeing the film? I mean come on it's not like this is getting Last Airbender type reactions

We'll get those Prometheus sequels the same day we get those Robin Hood sequels. I.e, never. The worst part is that studios are going to blame the R rating and we're not going to get another R-rated summer tentpole again.

Let's agree to disagree.You don't agree with my opinion, I don't agree with yours, let's leave at that shall we or I can become pretty insufferable if you keep on this path.Gitesh Pandya from BO Guru indicating 50 M weekend for Prometheus btw.

We'll get those Prometheus sequels the same day we get those Robin Hood sequels. I.e, never.The worst part is that studios are going to blame the R rating and we're not going to get another R-rated summer tentpole again.

actually Prometheus still has a chance at making over 350M WW which is not bad if the budget is really 130M

Prometheus is dead in the water. You can't spin a 2.24x weekend IM. 16.4 Saturday is horrible and indicates something more than just frontloadedness. Probably won't reach 120m domestic total. Ouch.I'm glad Madagascar did well because otherwise this would be a damn depressing weekend.

Excluding 3.5M midnights, Prometheus has 2.58x IM, and I'm 99% sure its Sunday is underestimated.District 9 had a 2.63x weekend IM.

The worst part is that studios are going to blame the R rating and we're not going to get another R-rated summer tentpole again.

This is a big overreaction. There will always be some other director with enough clout and ambition to get one made. And what if Elysium breaks out next March? Edited by tribefan695

Oh and sorry to say this, but Prometheus sequels WILL happen, the budget is ridiculously low (125 million) and the movie is a hit overseas.How some of you must be pissed!

It's okay, I don't think the Snow White sequel is going to happen either.