hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

I'm not trying to prove anything, I already made my point clear: Potter is a more deserving film than TA.

Your in the minority here. Let's face it, neither films deserve to be in the top 3 movies of all time. Though if I had to choose, I wouldn't want HP up there.

If we are talking purely domestic then I wouldn't disagree with you entirely but I was talking about WW and I should have made that clear.Twilight might be consistent but ticket wise it hasn't been able to match Potter. NM sold 39 tickets, the highest of the franchise which is only more than DH1. Every other Potter film has sold over 40m. Not really the same level, Potter is superior there, but in terms of consistency they are very similar in $ film-to-film.

I know it hasnt, which is why I said 'little' sister. However for such a bad franchise twilight is, it's extremely close to potter. All I'm saying is, matching potters consistency is quite easy, all you need is impressive book sales, lots of films and young teenage girls to back the film up. It's worked for potter, twilight and is about to work for THG.

THG could become a dominant domestic franchise, CF could manage to outgross THG which is likely with strong book sales drawing even more fans in for the next year, it is also apparently the best book in the series and with strong late legs in winter after a 170m or so opening it could realistically pass THG and become one of the biggest domestic franchises of all time.

I don't see anything unseating The Avengers for number 3 all time for quite a while. Only Avatar 2 will beat it. Hobbit might be a beast overseas, but it won't come close to its domestic total. The Dark Knight Rises has a disadvantage of being a 2D film and much darker. Avengers is more family friendly.

I don't see anything unseating The Avengers for number 3 all time for quite a while. Only Avatar 2 will beat it. Hobbit might be a beast overseas, but it won't come close to its domestic total. The Dark Knight Rises has a disadvantage of being a 2D film and much darker. Avengers is more family friendly.

TH1 could have an advantage, as it could have a bigger 3D share of the ticket sales.

Nah, all I can see is TA could be in the top 3 of 2012.

when someone says DH2's gross is more deserving than the Avengers, it's kind of asking for an argument. I just happened to be the first to quote it :)

I said it in the first few pages, you were definitely not the first to qoute it but I thought I would reiterate my point. :P