Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

True grit (2010) is at times a laughably bad movie

True Grit is a turd and the worst Coen movie.

Miller's Crossing is their best "historical re-enactement" movie. (Barton Fink is its own beast as it takes place mostly in a closed space)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Hobbit 3 was a waste of time and I almost wanted to walk out of the cinema, except that it would be a waste of money (and in a way, also TLoR trilogy and first two Hobbits). Too much fighting and the way the scenes jumped was not so good. It was like watching somebody playing a video game, with lot of quests and the player was skipping through some cut scenes but decided to watch some of them.

I live in Middle Earth (the country) but I never really get to like the movies esp. its story but the cinematography was good.

• Like 1

If you think about Guardians of the Galaxy in anyway beyond thinking of it as a fun movie, it falls apart and becomes really average at best.

but its suppose to be thought of as a really amusing, fun an entertaining movie. Its not suppose to be a serious character study, it has a talking fucking racoon.

I enjoy 1941. I recognize it's a bloated, overindulgent, over-the-top mess of a film, but damn it, I have always gotten enjoyment from watching it, and not in the sense of "perverse enjoyment from watching a cinematic trainwreck unfold".

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

District 9 is overrated and Star Trek should have been nominated for BP instead of it.

don't think District 9 is overrated, but I agree about Star Trek getting nominated instead of D9.

ST only gets better with time, D9 is totally the opposite.

Edited by Goffe Ascending
  • Like 1