A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

6 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I’m just kind of shocked this has the chance to open to 100m in the first place. Seriously, I thought 80m was the best case scenario but apparently there is a untapped interest in Beetlejuice

It seems Tim Burton’s style in general still resonates with a lot of people, especially now that he’s found a new talent in Jenna Ortega. I believe I’ve said before that I never really cared for his work, or his whole “misunderstood weirdo” shtick, but there’s clearly an audience for it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

What’s the highest OW that Beetlejuice 2 could go? 🙆🏻‍♀️

Right now I am thinking  110- 130 is the range  since ticket sales seems to be steady but not accelerating but if next week after labor day they start ramping up and the Walkups are strong 140+ is possible

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Right now I am thinking  110- 130 is the range  since ticket sales seems to be steady but not accelerating but if next week after labor day they start ramping up and the Walkups are strong 140+ is possible

If it does the best case scenario, that would make it THE biggest opening weekend ever for a Tim Burton film, overtaking Alice in Wonderland’s $116M (2010).

54 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This won't save Cinemas because IO2 and D&W already saved them.

I just hope Beetlejuice will be good and not just nostalgia bait.

You mean Nostalgia bait like IO2 and D and W  was ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The first IO2 and Logan aren't even 10 years old yet so they aren't nostalgia bait.

As the man who coined the phrase "nostalgic toy commercial", I have the final say on whether Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 3 are nostalgia bait. The answer...is yes.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

This won't save Cinemas because IO2 and D&W already saved them.

Like Barbie and Oppenheimer saved last year, right after Avatar 2 and Top Gun saved them too, which, funny enough, also came after No Way Home saved them as well….

Insane how theaters are being saved for 4 years straight and yet they’re always needing another savior lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I'm just glad it's not 39 and people aren't complaining anymore.

There'll be more coming in soon. Venice is basically the only place this has screened so far, stateside critics still haven't seen it.

I would think a bunch of new reviews should start coming today. I mean it is Tuesday of release week and the early reviews point to it not being anything WB should hold a embargo on or screen it for  regular JO Blo critics any longer.

Many local critics do intentionally hold off publishing their reviews until close to the weekend when more readers are looking to make immediate plans. They're not looking to grab general industry followers like the trades are.

• Like 1