74 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Brave

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I held off on seeing this because it didn't really interest me. After seeing it I'm a little disappointed I waited this long. I thought it was beautifully animated. I enjoyed the story and was drawn to the characters. A

• Like 2

Such a let-down for me. I was excepting something magical when Pixar delved into the world of medieval-like times and fantasy. Maybe my expectations were to high, I loved the trailers...It just didn't live up. I'm not saying it was bad, I actually like Merida character and the end was heartfelt, but I just left expecting so much more.

B

so my nephew wanted to watch this , i didnt but he won sooo coz its hard denying a 6 yrs old 

anyhoo we watched it ,he fell asleep 20mn in but in his defense he's seen it already and it was bedtime

i laughed a lot, the triplets were hilarious

the girl certainy had a lot of spunk

the only thing that bothered me (not really) was for the longest time haven't never seen it before i thought she was a princess who went on some faraway journey her being all tomboyish , yet she goes absolutely nowhere, it was more an emotional/psychological journey , i really don't know why i thought so ...

i loved the kindred bond between father and daughter

by the way her hair was mesmerizing , that thing had a life of its own 

the king and queen were an odd couple but very funny 

i have to say they could have at least made one of her suitor good-looking even if she refused him , even fiona in shrek couldnt stand prince charming and he was very cute but an asshat through and through

the maid was too funny, first time with queen bear was :rofl: but then with the boys  :rotfl:  :rotfl: 

all in all a good animation , sure the mom turns back but the other prince didnt , so he was already a cautionary tale like many we tell kids today ingrained with truth and a lesson to be learn 

OT , when the clans left didnt that remind you of the end of harry potter and the goblet of fire , it felt like the same place and i wonder if maybe that's where they did that scene in potter (must be some scottish location in real life)

i'll give it an A , i laughed a lot and story was more than ok, i mean that as i don't watch animation at the cinema or anywhere its really odd circumstance that find me watching one , as it is same thing happened a few months ago when my nephew wanted to see HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA on dvd , that tell you when last i saw an animation

I think it's the most dissapointing original PIXAR movie to date. Even Cars which had a pretty shaky first half found a way to tell an emotionally resonant story by the end. Brave is not bad by any means, the gorgeous animation and technical craftsmanship of PIXAR are present but it lacks so much in the storytelling. The narrative feels very slight and the main conflict feels so artificial like it's a placeholder until they could found an actual conflict to drive the narrative. Apparently they didn't. Also the comparison with the also "scottish" HTTYD doesn't do the movie any favors.

B- 

• Community Manager

B+

It might not be as good as Pixar's classics but it's still a pretty good movie. I think when the movie began I was like "so far this is solid B level work" but then I fell in love with the movie as soon as the mother turned into a bear. It's at that moment when the movie really clicked for me and it stayed that way until the end-when I actually felt something. A lot of the character development is very subtle but ultimately Brave is a very great film-and if it wasn't for the beginning, would be a Pixar classic.

• Like 3

I haven't reviewed it in here yet, so I guess I will. 

It isn't great, but I still really enjoy it. Not one of Pixar's best, but since more are masterpieces, that isn't a slight on Brave at all. I really enjoyed the story and that it focused on a mother daughter unlike most animated movies. The animation was really good and so was the voice acting. 

I would give it a.......

B(86)

• Like 1