Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

True, I was mostly just responding to Justin's post.Cowboys & Aliens had the same midnight number and that managed $36 million. This obviously won't come close to that though.

I do think that based on the midnight numbers we saw for Chernobyl, The Devil Inside, etc that 700K isn't huge when you add 3D to the pic. It's more par for the genre, so we should look at a par OW. I don't think the 700K number itself proves its going to be frontloaded. I am just assuming that the 700K number means confirms that it didn't bring a whole lot of new life to the party. This movie had potential for bigger midnights just because these types of movies (horror, R-rated) are designed for the people who would see movies at midnight. TDI made 2M at midnights and made around 30M OW and I don't think that had any reason to be more fanboyish than this does. This should have had more of a built in crowd. I feel the same way about this as I did about Prometheus when the 3.6M number came out and I thought that around 50M sounded good but Variety was looking at 70M. I think Abe will fall around 15M but could do better/worse. I think 20M would be a miracle.I'm not even sure I understand all of what I just said now. I'm tired. lol

There is no "this type of film". Nothing like Abe has really come out before.

This seems a lot like Snakes on a plane without star power, real comedy, and with more gore.Also I think the fact that this has been under Brave and a bunch of movies that come out in the next weeks on Twitter all week says something. The fact that Rock of Ages was #1 on Fandango last week even though it got half of Madagascar, while Lincoln is still behind a much weaker Madagascar says something.

This seems a lot like Snakes on a plane without star power, real comedy, and with more gore.Also I think the fact that this has been under Brave and a bunch of movies that come out in the next weeks on Twitter all week says something. The fact that Rock of Ages was #1 on Fandango last week even though it got half of Madagascar, while Lincoln is still behind a much weaker Madagascar says something.

Not really.

I don't like the hostile tone towards Nikki in thread title!!! :rant:

Posted Image

I was going to say this title does NOT paint Goddess Nikki in a flattering light
  • Like 1

O Rly?

rs mid 50s battle mid 20s dictator low 20s expect {nm}

notfabio on May 13, 22:22

rs mib low 80s chern almost low teens {nm}

notfabio on May 20, 15:15

rs snow mid 60s tdkr mid 180s {nm}

notfabio on May 29, 07:11

etc. etc. etc.

I never pay any attention to RS/MTC. I am talking about NRG numbers . Their biggest miss this summer is MIB3 as their prediction was in the 75-80 million range.

As of 4:00 here is where we are:Brave2D- 6823D - 559Total - 1241Abe Lincoln2D - 913D - 63Total - 154We also have part of the crew that did the Civil War stuff here with one of the canons. So that is cool.

Is that BRAVE number good?

I never pay any attention to RS/MTC. I am talking about NRG numbers . Their biggest miss this summer is MIB3 as their prediction was in the 75-80 million range.

Where do you get those (NRG numbers)?