diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

We haven't reach 4M yet. 

Because no film released for 2 years was of the magnitude of SM: NWH. The last SM was not very far from 10 million admissions if I remember correctly and with the hype for this film, I hope for 10M admissions. It is the goal.

Escape From Mogadishu was the latest success on 3.6M attendees. Eternals will be the first film to taste the potential after lift of restriction. I just like to say market is not at full potential yet. For which SM:NWH Projection of 10M attendees is too high. Probably, it's only likely to pass 5M attendees and 6M attendees at best if release on Dec. However, it might be delayed to March 2022 to run in full potential.

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Escape From Mogadishu was the latest success on 3.6M attendees. Eternals will be the first film to taste the potential after lift of restriction. I just like to say market is not at full potential yet. For which SM:NWH Projection of 10M attendees is too high. Probably, it's only likely to pass 5M attendees and 6M attendees at best if release on Dec. However, it might be delayed to March 2022 to run in full potential.

Only 5M-6M admissions at best ? It would be bad for a movie with this hype. FFH and Homecoming made over 7 and 8 million admissions with much less hype. I know that the market has not quite returned to normal because of the health crisis, but we are not talking about just any film. We are talking about a marvel, a spiderman eagerly awaited in the whole world (let's not forget that the trailer of the film has largely exceeded in 24 hours the views of that of Endgame). I have a lot of hope for this film and i would be very disappointed if the film had "only" 5-6M admissions in a market like south korea which loves marvel movies.

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

nope

It's actually not about disappointment or most anticipated. Only one film, so far has past 3.5M attendees. Other than that Black Widow just neared 3M attendees. While you see where Shang Chi stands at present. We haven't touched 4M yet as explained above. Escape From Mogadishu has achieved 3.6M attendees only because many Korean Veterans actors were participating and the film is based on true events. Just for now, focus on Eternal. If it manage 5M attendees, probably SM will hit 7M attendees. But SM:NWH is likely to delayed until March 2022 if Sony wants to meet your expectations.

21 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

It's actually not about disappointment or most anticipated. Only one film, so far has past 3.5M attendees. Other than that Black Widow just neared 3M attendees. While you see where Shang Chi stands at present. We haven't touched 4M yet as explained above. Escape From Mogadishu has achieved 3.6M attendees only because many Korean Veterans actors were participating and the film is based on true events. Just for now, focus on Eternal. If it manage 5M attendees, probably SM will hit 7M attendees. But SM:NWH is likely to delayed until March 2022 if Sony wants to meet your expectations.

that doesnt really make sense, bc every movie is different bw was affected bc it was hit by covid, shang chi was hit bc of the antichinese sentiment for the most part, eternals and spidey have none of that and the policy seemed to have changed.It doesnt work like that every movie has different hype and not every korean movie does incredible good, bc a movie is a dom product that doesnt automatically mean that it will huge.

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

that doesnt really make sense, bc every movie is different bw was affected bc it was hit by covid, shang chi was hit bc of the antichinese sentiment for the most part, eternals and spidey have none of that and the policy seemed to have changed.It doesnt work like that every movie has different hype and not every korean movie does incredible good, bc a movie is a dom product that doesnt automatically mean that it will huge.

Unreasonable thanks. First, need to think of Eternal than SM.