diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

22 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Everything is terrific if it's below 90%. For stable run it should at least be 95%

I can count on the fingers of my hands the movies that have scored 95% in South Korea in the 800+ pages of this thread. And many that have scored exactly the same as Morbius have not been a total flop. At this point it seems like everyone wants the movie to flop and to see it not happen is a huge COPE.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, 7sergi9 said:

I can count on the fingers of my hands the movies that have scored 95% in South Korea in the 800+ pages of this thread. And many that have scored exactly the same as Morbius have not been a total flop. At this point it seems like everyone wants the movie to flop and to see it not happen is a huge COPE.

7.38 at MovieNaver and dropping.

40 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

These reactions don't look that bad, imo. Is 80% meant to be horrific?

Well considering that in the first day only big fans or very interested people will have watched it... For example from what I remember even the mediocre Godzilla vs Kong had more than 90%

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Well considering that in the first day only big fans or very interested people will have watched it... For example from what I remember even the mediocre Godzilla vs Kong had more than 90%

Yes! First Day reactions comes from fanbase and anticipation audience. So, when first day went below.... it hurts expectations

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Yes! First Day reactions comes from fanbase and anticipation audience. So, when first day went below.... it hurts expectations

This was literally the reaction of Batman's opening audience. It's not even a big difference CGV 86% / Megabox 8.2 / Lotte 8.2

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

These reactions don't look that bad, imo. Is 80% meant to be horrific?

Generally audience ratings always skew higher. Look at RT audience ratings for a lot of movie, 70% or below is uncommon and below 50-60% is even rarer. It's the same thing with the egg and Maoyan. You want at least 90% or more. Having a rating like 80% means you are hanging around in the company of movies like Shazam, Venom 2, Dark Phoenix, Eternals, etc. And these movies have generally not done well, with poor legs and staying power. 

It's verified audience rating of 7.35 on Naver is one of the worst for a SH with only about 4 SH movies being worse than it (since 2013 at least).

1 hour ago, 7sergi9 said:

12 SH movies have scored 95 or more ( at least since 2013). Out of 40 SH movies since 2013, Morbius's score sits at 32nd. Thats not good. Most of the movies around that rating had poor legs. It had one of the worst opening day for a SH ever and its ratings mean that its not gonna leg it out to some good total either. Of course the covid situation in SK is to blame to an extent for the numbers (All restrictions were lifted on March 1 I believe though). But its reception means that even if there was no covid it would not have had any staying power. 

I don't know what the expectations were before release but given Covid, Reception, and OD numbers, Morbius is most likely going to flop. And no one has any vested interest to see this movie fail, so NO, no one is coping, whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, 7sergi9 said:

i still remember the sweet sweet taste of everyone’s copiom when Venom blew there bloody doors off. Will be happy to see Morbius carry on that tradition

Edited by VENOM