diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

4 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Just need 97+ egg and we are rocking and rolling. May be first SK dailies/hourlies I look at in long time

I am back and ready to rumble 💃

For reference, here is the original run comparison of IO1 to Coco:

BviGeFy.png

It's looking to start much stronger, so I doubt we'll get those insane weekend 2 increase and week 3 hold

I still have my script which was polling the daily cgv total every 20 minutes, I could probably see if it still works. Depends if we're hoping for something magical :)

I believe Ava2 was the last time I used it :bouncy:

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

I’m keeping my hopes in check until we see scores.  

Might be good to shake some rust off before DP3 though, hopefully that can pull some solid HW numbers as well

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flip said:

Inside Out 2 (T-1): 180.8k (+57.8k) presales can maybe finish at 300k, and if they do I think 350k OD is likelier than not

Inside Out 2 (T-0): 263.4k (+82.6k)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Flip said:

Inside Out 2 (T-0): 263.4k (+82.6k)

weak final day of growth, weaker than KFP4 which pulled back ahead of it due to the holiday. If it has walkups like Rise of Gru OD will be around 250k, if walkups are like KFP4 (slim chance since no holiday support) it would be 415k. That’s a massive range, but I don’t think it will play like Rise of Gru either since that had a lot of competition so less screenings. 

I’ll just guess 290-310k and leave it at that

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

CGV 52K at 11:20. Final can be 85K range for 170K Korea OD. Solid start.

1.35M+ weekend possible.

170k is kind of disappointing or am I missing something? (Worse walkups than Rise of Gru with no competition)

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

I was expecting 140-150K based on presales.

That would’ve been akin to Mario level walkups (which were horrendous). Idk, I was hoping it would play closer to Rise of Gru that did ~1x presales, but at the end of the day WOM matters much more than what OD is

29 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Does someone know what the other Pixar movies started with for Egg?

Almost major release start with 99% expectation. A better picture on the what the actual number will be you have when it hits around 10k reviews. I mean based on what I have observed lately 

Edited by leoh

11 minutes ago, leoh said:

Almost major release start with 99% expectation. A better picture on the what the actual number will be you have when it hits around 10k reviews. I mean based on what I have observed lately 

Pre-release egg is meaningless and has no bearing on the actual cgv start. 98% start is extremely high.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how egg is rounded? I think it’s at 1054/1069=98.597, so pretty far from dropping to 97 (unless it does so at 97.99)

Edit: now 1174/1189=98.74. Clearly they round down instead of nearest but still much closer to 99 than 97 for now. Let’s see more by mid Sunday-ish how things have settled down but conditions are here to make a run for Elemental+ if things break well.

Edited by Legion Again
  • Like 2