I'll give it a shot

mon - 606K

Tue - 685K

wed - 330K

Thu - 310K

Fri - 400K

Sat - 580K

Sun - 520K 

Those are my optimistic predictions. This run has been so erratic though, I wouldn't be surprised if I was way off.

After this week #2 in admissions? Any shot in #1?

Media reports already out that Age of Ultron touched down to 8 million admissions today, apparently sometime during the morning. 

Fastest to 8 million admissions (Number of days)

-10 days-

Roaring Currents (2014)

-13 days-

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

-16 days-

The Thieves (2012)

The Host (2006)

-19 days-

Ode to my Father (2014)

-23 days-

Iron Man 3 (2013)

-25 days-

Interstellar (2014)

Masquerade (2012)

Miracle in cell no.7 (2013)

-26 days-

Frozen (2014)

• Like 5

Records set by The Avengers: Age of Ultron

-Biggest amount of presold tickets

-Biggest presale share

-Most screens

-Biggest April opening 

-Biggest opening by a foreign release

-Biggest single day admissions by a foreign release

-Biggest Labour Day admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 1M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 2M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 3M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 4M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 5M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 6M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 7M admissions

-Fastest foreign release to 8M admissions

• Like 9

I'll give it a shot

mon - 606K

Tue - 685K

wed - 330K

Thu - 310K

Fri - 400K

Sat - 580K

Sun - 520K 

Those are my optimistic predictions. This run has been so erratic though, I wouldn't be surprised if I was way off.

So 10.4M admissions by Sunday. 12M would be a done deal and with couple of goods holds, 13-14M admissions would be possible. 

The performance of AoU in SK has been rather erratic, hasn't it? Very interested in how it'll develop after holiday is over.

Actually it hasn't.

Bar from the last monday and tuseday where students were into exams, it has been pretty consistent in terms of daily high revenues.

It's just that some people panicked and were quick to draw conclusive tendencies out of punctual behaviour.

Actually it hasn't.

Bar from the last monday and tuseday where students were into exams, it has been pretty consistent in terms of daily high revenues.

It's just that some people panicked and were quick to draw conclusive tendencies out of punctual behaviour.

i just want to see how it play out in second week domestic and get the final conclusion about the meltdown they talking about  :mellow:

Actually it hasn't.

Kudos to you if you saw all that coming but for most people it has been erratic and only seems somewhat logical with the benefit of hindsight. A lot of the problem probably arose from it coming under intense scrutiny, leading to overreactions, but other times the numbers were genuinely surprising. You have the extremely small friday bump on its opening week, supposedly caused by fanboy rushing. Must have been one of the most overloaded fanboy ratio in history if true. The infamous "exam factor" if it is true (hasn't been proven yet) seemingly acted in a way for Age of Ultron that didn't happen for IM3 or TA1. Also, yesterdays numbers were really high for a working day even if you factor in people that took a leave of absence. 

• Like 2

Kudos to you if you saw all that coming but for most people it has been erratic and only seems somewhat logical with the benefit of hindsight. A lot of the problem probably arose from it coming under intense scrutiny, leading to overreactions, but other times the numbers were genuinely surprising. You have the extremely small friday bump on its opening week, supposedly caused by fanboy rushing. Must have been one of the most overloaded fanboy ratio in history if true. The infamous "exam factor" if it is true (hasn't been proven yet) seemingly acted in a way for Age of Ultron that didn't happen for IM3 or TA1. Also, yesterdays numbers were really high for a working day even if you factor in people that took a leave of absence. 

It's not that i saw that coming (i hoped it would be great after a stellar opening) but my background is economics and financial analysis. 

And i know that as an analyst, puntcual events can derail projections for a short period of time or not and that you need several days of compiled data to have definite tendencies and draw more precise projections out of it.

I knew that it was too early two days in after the massive opening weekend to form any definite projections one way or another because there were zero tendencies at this stage, just punctual data that could be influenced by anything.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

It's not that i saw that coming (i hoped it would be great after a stellar opening) but my background is economics and financial analysis. 

And i know that as an analyst, puntcual events can derail projections for a short period of time or not and that you need several days of compiled data to have definite tendencies and draw more precise projections out of it.

I knew that it was too early two days in after the massive opening weekend to form any definite projections one way or another because there were zero tendencies at this stage, just punctual data that could be influenced by anything.

I understand the principle but that doesn't mean people can't form opinions on numbers in the early stages of a box office run. So when a certain number doesn't meet expectations people are surprised by it and it's perfectly natural because people are reactionary by nature. 

It's been close to 2 weeks since AoU's release and I think that's a substantial enough period of time to say there have been many ups and downs during this run that were unforeseen, which is my definition of erratic.

• Like 1

I understand the principle but that doesn't mean people can't form opinions on numbers in the early stages of a box office run. So when a certain number doesn't meet expectations people are surprised by it and it's perfectly natural because people are reactionary by nature. 

It's been close to 2 weeks since AoU's release and I think that's a substantial enough period of time to say there have been many ups and downs during this run that were unforeseen, which is my definition of erratic.

And i never said they couldn't have their opinion.

I just said that their opinion on the entire run, which could have ended up to be true was more based on rush conclusions based on the very first two days post OW than on a real tendency.  

That's to me was more of a panic based opinion than on real tendencies since you can't have a tendency out of two days only, especially, at this stage.

I think the issue that caused confusion last week is Korea has never shown exam bumps before.

This include im3 and original avengers

Yeah this. Same demo same release date but different result? Just plain weird. 

And i never said they couldn't have their opinion.

I just said that their opinion on the entire run, which could have ended up to be true was more based on rush conclusions based on the very first two days post OW than on a real tendency.  

That's to me was more of a panic based opinion than on real tendencies since you can't have a tendency out of two days only, especially, at this stage.

You keep focussing on that Friday number but it wasn't the only unpredictable part of AoU's run. I'll break it down for you

Thursday: Opening day. Pre-release hype build up was huge and opening mirrored expectations mostly

Friday: Tiny increase from opening day, much less jumps than either IM3 or TA1. Some mini-meltdowns happened until talismanring mentioned the possibility of OD being overloaded with fanboys. Still I don't think anyone saw that friday number coming and it certainly isn't logical. 

Saturday-Sunday: huge number, second only to roaring currents and outside of the holiday frame too. Met the high end of most people's expectations.

Monday: Drop from sunday was bigger than IM3 or TA1. Given that these two opened with the same release date as AoU, the exams students theory didn't get much notice. 

Tuesday: Dropped again from that low Monday number. Given that weekdays usually don't drop unless there are new releases this was pretty unexpected and in most cases would be sign of bad word of mouth. 

Wednesday: Unexpected increase. End of exam students was the easiest explanation but again unexpected since the same didn't happen for TA1 or IM3. 

Thursday: Other films dropped in attendance since Thursday is the day most movies get released. AoU increased again though and with a bigger increase than it showed last week on Friday over opening day.

Friday: Given that AoU seemed to have been building some steam a good increase was expected but the degree of increase was again surprising. a 124% increase compared to the 77.9% saturday increase over Friday on opening week. Beat most people's expectations again.

Saturday-Sunday: Met most people's expectations

Monday: Another huge number for a supposed workday. Again beat most people's expectations.    

• Like 3

Nice to come here.. Just to get away from the horrible DOM threads

Domestic threads are just a huge pain in the ass right now. It's going to be a huge rollercoaster. Talking about erratic, that would be domestic run so far.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Domestic threads are just a huge pain in the ass right now. It's going to be a huge rollercoaster. Talking about erratic, domestic run has been ups and downs.

And that was just the OW  :D