Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

Elmira, NY there is only one other theater that is playing Magic Mike in the area but that is 30 minutes west of Regal. If you go east there isn't another theater playing Magic Mike for 50 miles. Same if u go North and South.

Ah East Coast. Thanks!

I swear, outside of "event film" nights, this is the busiest I have EVER seen my theater. Maybe even moreso than some of the event nights. I had to park in a spot I've never even come close to parking.200 seater TED at 9:15 was sold out (and that after already having 8/8:30 shows in bigger theaters).TED the movie was ok. I liked it, but 21 Jump Street >>>>>

21JS has honestly become one of my favorite R rated comedies ever. It's pretty much perfect as far as that genre goes and infinitely superior to the HUGELY overrated Bridesmaids or Hangover.
  • Like 1

Good for "Ted" and "MM" especially with that little 5 Million Budget, lets face it, the Woman are taking this small independent feature to blockbuster status possibly but is it the type of film that will get repeat business? I understand the ladies coming out OW but will it have staying power? Doesn't matter cause it already made it's budget back. As for "Ted" I think now we can all see that it just had the best marketing campaign of the openers. Seth McFarlene in his Big Screen Debut. Mark Walburg looking HAPPY instead of his typical tough guy approach. Mila looking sexy as usual and Seth took the whole Toy Story "Talking Toys" concept really far by having a real life teddy bear talking mad shit. So congrats, looks to be a very good weekend. Even Madea will get it's audience. So in the end June had:SWATHMAD3PROMBRAVETED???All over 50 Million OW? Not bad at all. With that said, I think "Ted" and "MM" will probably be front loaded.

Edited by filmscholar

I think the numbers will hold at around 20 and 15 for the two movies. MM had a surge of sellouts for 7-10 PM shows but cooled down after that. Ted did better overall during the late night shows, I think. Madea could surprise though as I was seeing sellouts in theaters where it shouldn't be doing big business.

Edited by TLK

I think the numbers will hold at around 20 and 15 for the two movies. MM had a surge of sellouts for 7-10 PM shows but colled down after that. Ted did better overall during the late night shows, I think. Madea could surprise though as I was seeing sellouts in theaters where it shouldn't be doing big business.

Lol, is that supposed to mean whitey areas? :P

21JS has honestly become one of my favorite R rated comedies ever. It's pretty much perfect as far as that genre goes and infinitely superior to the HUGELY overrated Bridesmaids or Hangover.

I love it. Saw it twice in theaters. I gotta pick up the Blu Ray this weekend. The movie made me a fan of Channing Tatum, what an awesome star turn for him.However I'm also obsessed with Bridesmaids... I don't know if 21JS is on that level for me yet.

I love it. Saw it twice in theaters. I gotta pick up the Blu Ray this weekend. The movie made me a fan of Channing Tatum, what an awesome star turn for him.However I'm also obsessed with Bridesmaids... I don't know if 21JS is on that level for me yet.

The deleted scenes are surprisingly really funny (though understandably removed for pacing purposes). 4 minutes of Channing Tatum wreaking havoc during Band practice is just...fantastic.I'm halfway through the commentary and it's pretty entertaining too.

I cannot stomach McFarlame or Marky Mark so this is annoying.

Yeah, I hate Family Guy as well. Just pure toilet humor. I can get my flashbacks and pop culture from The Simpsons, thanks.