Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

Whatever happens, it'll just lead to one side gloating and the other making excuses.

Unless it comes out, does good but completely unmemorable business, and is mostly forgotten in a few months. Which seems the most likely outcome IMO. And then both sides can just STFU and quit with all the back-and-forths.

So more people enjoy watching a teddy bear than hot sexy almost naked men. Interesting...

Not many more unless Saturday numbers tell us differently. Friday numbers were very close. Actually MM had the better per screen average.

many have seen it (It is out in many countries) , and are saying it is not at all like how some people think or are describing it

I was referring to the domestic release. Global audiences have demonstrated they are even less discerning than American audiences, something I hadn't thought possible until recently.

Incredible for both Magic Mike and Ted. Great numbers all around!Very bad news for Spider-man though, Both MM and Ted will provide strong competition, targeting the same audience quadrants.

Why is Spidey more inherently easy to hate than the Bat?

Easy...Batman's "cooler". He's dark, and very human. Spidey is a bit more "hokey". He's cleaner, less realistic and even a bit goofy.That's on the surface. But, if you dig deeper, the real reason is probably from the sub conscious. Spider-Man is emotionally stronger. Batman is more flawed and hence more relatable. Wait, did I just say Spidey is emotionally stronger than Batman? He is. Think about it. Bruce Wayne lost his parents. So did Peter Parker. Sure, young Bruce watched his parents shot down. But, not only was Peter already an orphan when he got his powers at 15, but his inaction caused the death of the man he saw as his father. Yet, somehow he was able to recover to realize that with great power...blah, blah, blah. Bruce, on the other hand, let his parents' murder eat him up to the point that he is tortured and haunted by it. And Peter's strength has been constantly tested by many of his closest loves and friends' deaths. Bruce just continues to let the same childhood trauma rule him.So, I think most people who "hate" Spider-Man, resent him because they see him as self righteous.

Easy...Batman's "cooler". He's dark, and very human. Spidey is a bit more "hokey". He's cleaner and even a bit goofy.That's on the surface. But, if you dig deeper, the real reason is probably from the sub conscious. Spider-Man is stronger. Batman is more flawed and hence more relatable. Wait, did I just say Spidey is stronger than Batman? He is. Think about it. Bruce Wayne lost his parents. So did Peter Parker. Sure, young Bruce watched his parents shot down. But, not only was Peter already an orphan when he got his powers at 15, but his inaction caused the death of the man he saw as his father. Yet, somehow he was able to recover to realize that with great power...blah, blah, blah. Bruce, on the other hand, let his parents' murder eat him up to the point that he is tortured and haunted by it. And Peter's strength has been constantly tested by many of his closest loves and friends' deaths. Bruce just continues to let the same childhood trauma rule him.So, I think most people who "hate" Spider-Man, resent him because they see him as self righteous.

Also, spiders are the spawn of Satan. Bats are not.
  • Like 1

Incredible for both Magic Mike and Ted. Great numbers all around!Very bad news for Spider-man though, Both MM and Ted will provide strong competition, targeting the same audience quadrants.

I think all the backlash stemming from SM3 and Ted/MM's numbers means that TASM will start off lower but will have much better legs as people rave about the movie.

I think all the backlash stemming from SM3 and Ted/MM's numbers means that TASM will start off lower but will have much better legs as people rave about the movie.

Rave!? :lol: That's the last thing TASM can hope for, especially with TDKR around the corner! It needs a big 6 day or it's SOL! Edited by MovieMan89

Rave!? :lol: That's the last thing TASM can hope for, especially with TDKR around the corner! It needs a big 6 day or it's SOL!

What if TDKR god forbid isn't as good as some fanboys are claiming it to be?

Yes, rave. Normal people will love this.And no it doesn't.

Not even critics are raving. Asking the GA to do it to a reboot with a highly anticipated film right around the corner is asking a lot.

What if TDKR god forbid isn't as good as some fanboys are claiming it to be?

Doesn't matter. TDKR will destroy TASM's legs, even if TASM had TA WOM (which of course it won't). Anyone who doesn't think so obviously is living under a rock and forgot that TDKR is one of the most anticipated movies of all time.
  • Like 1

Easy...Batman's "cooler". He's dark, and very human. Spidey is a bit more "hokey". He's cleaner, less realistic and even a bit goofy.That's on the surface. But, if you dig deeper, the real reason is probably from the sub conscious. Spider-Man is emotionally stronger. Batman is more flawed and hence more relatable. Wait, did I just say Spidey is emotionally stronger than Batman? He is. Think about it. Bruce Wayne lost his parents. So did Peter Parker. Sure, young Bruce watched his parents shot down. But, not only was Peter already an orphan when he got his powers at 15, but his inaction caused the death of the man he saw as his father. Yet, somehow he was able to recover to realize that with great power...blah, blah, blah. Bruce, on the other hand, let his parents' murder eat him up to the point that he is tortured and haunted by it. And Peter's strength has been constantly tested by many of his closest loves and friends' deaths. Bruce just continues to let the same childhood trauma rule him.So, I think most people who "hate" Spider-Man, resent him because they see him as self righteous.

People loved Spider Man in 2002- May 2007 and then something happen Spider Man 3.Most people love Spider Man. Spider Man and Bat Man are the the two most beloved superheroes.

Not even critics are raving. Asking the GA to do it to a reboot with a highly anticipated film right around the corner is asking a lot.

Who cares about critics. People will go see Spider-Man for the brand. Critics have very little weight when it comes to the GA going to see a superhero movie.
  • Like 1

Who cares about critics. People will go see Spider-Man for the brand. Critics have very little weight when it comes to the GA going to see a superhero movie.

Don't forget the critics reviews are overall positive. Based on what you read here you think the rating wad at 40% or something
  • Like 1