Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

For the last time Twitter reviews have never lied to anyone. The Twitter reviews to pay attention to are from the critics not fan screenings. Now I don't know what valerians going to end up doing critically but at least the early reviews aren't terrible. They are encouraging. 

People always bring up BvS early reviews but BvS did not have great early reviews from critics. Those were from fan screenings. It's your fault if you believe fan screenings and took them as reviews from critics.  Yes, there might have been vague things from certain critics about how their hearing that the movie isn't bad but those weren't reviews. The way to avoid being tricked is to pay attention to if the Twitter reviews are coming from actual critics.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Lovely.  Beautiful.

Marketing campaign is in full swing, it appears.

This isn't my picture although I took several and tried uploading them with no luck. But I saw the billboard yesterday in person and it looks really awesome. There's another part of it on the other side of the building. The billboard takes up a whole block and then extends to the sides of the building. 

It looks fantastic. The picture doesn't do it justice. 

• Like 3

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Thank you, you are the only tenth thousand user to bring up this comparison. 

darn and I wanted to be the 10,000th one :(  

:P

kidding, I've never made the comparison

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 75live said:

darn and I wanted to be the 10,000th one :(  

:P

kidding, I've never made the comparison

Post now, and you could be the millionth user to make that comparison. A stunning record. 

Honestly I'm pretty sure I compared Valerian to Jupiter Ascending, but that was a long time ago. Now I'm just comparing the film on its own.

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Post now, and you could be the millionth user to make that comparison. A stunning record. 

Honestly I'm pretty sure I compared Valerian to Jupiter Ascending, but that was a long time ago. Now I'm just comparing the film on its own.

yeah same here.  I may have piggy backed off someone's comment about this and JA, but I don't make the comparisons myself.

I can like or not like this movie on its own, as well

1 minute ago, 75live said:

yeah same here.  I may have piggy backed off someone's comment about this and JA, but I don't make the comparisons myself.

I can like or not like this movie on its own, as well

Same, and that's the wise thing to do now, anyway. Movie could surprise. 

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Same, and that's the wise thing to do now, anyway. Movie could surprise. 

yeah it could.  I love sci fi and I will give this a chance even though while visually it looks great, I can't say anything else seems good.

I hope like you said, it surprises me and gets past how the trailers make it look to me.

Maybe it could be a movie I can really like :) 

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

This isn't my picture although I took several and tried uploading them with no luck. But I saw the billboard yesterday in person and it looks really awesome. There's another part of it on the other side of the building. The billboard takes up a whole block and then extends to the sides of the building. 

It looks fantastic. The picture doesn't do it justice. 

Well I'm going to NYC in a few days, so I'll probably see it while I'm there!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah it could.  I love sci fi and I will give this a chance even though while visually it looks great, I can't say anything else seems good.

I hope like you said, it surprises me and gets past how the trailers make it look to me.

Maybe it could be a movie I can really like :) 

Would at least be nice if I actually enjoyed the film anyway, good or bad.

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Would at least be nice if I actually enjoyed the film anyway, good or bad.

agreed, I like plenty of bad movies like we all do, so yeah at long as it's entertaining, I'll be happy enough.  Especially since I may use my free ticket for it anyway :P 

5 minutes ago, 75live said:

agreed, I like plenty of bad movies like we all do, so yeah at long as it's entertaining, I'll be happy enough.  Especially since I may use my free ticket for it anyway :P 

Now if only I had a free ticket on my hand, right now, I'd be fine, but I don't. Lucky you! :D

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Now if only I had a free ticket on my hand, right now, I'd be fine, but I don't. Lucky you! :D

yeah I have enough movie points to get a free ticket so I'll probably save it for this one.  I love the Regal movie rewards card just for stuff like this :P