Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

1 hour ago, Captain H said:

why do you hate it that this movie cost much? it's not like besson held you in a gunpoint and tell you to pay for the $200 million budget.

unless you're a europacorp employee that might lose your job from the movie bombing, i really don't see why a movie's financial prospect gonna affect what you feel about it when you haven't even watched it yet

So you can get a sequel 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Dolby has both Dunkirk and this in ATMOS. it will be interesting to see what one's theaters go with.

If theaters have IMAX and a PLF, they'll probably give Valerian the PLF. Dunkirk has a huge draw with the shifting ratio in IMAX.

• Like 6

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Reception seems to be at least on par with Lucy, and pretty much everyone is hailing this as must see in 3D. This should provide a good boost to the film's buzz.

The Tomato Law will be taking effect once the reviews start to come in.

• Like 2

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 5

Liking these reactions so far, I never expected wide spread acclaim or anything, that'll be boring, but this at least confirms a visual masterpiece and entertainment values, so must see for me.

Except for that reaction that knocks Avatar for no reason, did not like that one.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 5

Just now, Cochofles said:

I am so happy about these reactions. I never understood why so many people here seemed to have such a hate-on for this film (and I never got why the leads got soooo much vitriol). I hope that it breaks out.

I'm rooting for it but I feel it's just unlikely for this to break out at this point, I hope for good numbers in France and China.

• Like 3