Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I didn't deny it that had it happened on an outlier basis, I just simply pointed out that its not a normal phenomenon and its never been mentioned (as far as I'm aware). One or two people here earlier were acting as if it was something that happened around the country and deflated the gross. Obviously until we get some kind of more meaningful evidence, that's not really true. Especially considering that the person reporting that $5 ticket said people still weren't buying tickets after they lowered their price...

So what proof do we have that it didn't happen at significant level? Your word for it?

I'll agree with that, if you could look the other side too. I know what kayu endured here. You gave your "why people keep talking so much about things they hate" speech and I'll join the chorus in every note, but it seems that you're just judging one side of this conversation. But it's alright, I'm having a blast reading kayu's posts. :lol:

CJohn said kayu was in no danger of a suspension from a thread derailment. I simply added that his insults on top of everything else won't help.I am also quite amused by it, I didn't tell him to stop or that I was even mad at it. :lol: Just was an observation.

• Founder / Operator

So what proof do we have that it didn't happen at significant level? Your word for it?

Absence of proof doesn't equal proof. That logic is incredibly twisted.I know of three theaters in my area that charge $15 for midnight shows (Non-IMAX). If I were lacking in objectivity, I'd be suggesting that that was occurring everywhere in the country. Edited by ShawnMR

I seriously don't know WTF I would do without Nikki :rofl:

Nikki is going to history books. Nikki and Cameron will be the only two names that will be remembered after 100 years. :P

Anything between $20-30m will keep the feuds going. It would take something extreme to dishearten either camp.

Can it open under 30 mill with this midnight???Seriously

I've never heard of midnight tickets being discounted at all. Not even down to regular matinee prices, let alone Discount Tuesdays.Obviously it did happen at a few locations, but it's really not common. At all.

Absence of proof doesn't equal proof. That logic is incredibly twisted.I know of three theaters in my area that charge $15 for midnight shows (Non-IMAX). If I were lacking in objectivity, I'd be suggesting that that was occurring everywhere in the country.

But how am I committing a crime in suggesting that it could have done $0.5M more if it weren't for discounts?

How many meme's has she made this year so far?

A handful?THG gave us hefty ptaTA gave us not a recordBrave gave us shortlyThere's probably more I'm missing