Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Well things just got a lot more interesting around these parts. I'm hearing rumblings that someone stole the corpse of Baumer's thread and gave it to a Dr. Frankenstein for some "experiments."

• Like 1

I still think that's a good number. It was really HOT on the Eastcoast especially yesterday. Many families stayed inside and had cookouts. Plus it's still a weekday, let's see how it holds for Thursday and I think the weekend should be pretty massive.

I still think that's a good number. It was really HOT on the Eastcoast especially yesterday. Many families stayed inside and had cookouts. Plus it's still a weekday, let's see how it holds for Thursday and I think the weekend should be pretty massive.

Heat does not keep people away. lolAnd it's not a good number. I'm not saying it's indicative of anything, just saying that a 35-37% drop on day two is not great.

Heat does not keep people away. lol

I can understand that for Australia and some parts of the US. But places like Canada and the northern parts of the US? Don't you guys savour any hot day because you have so few of them? Edited by lab276

I can understand that for Australia and some parts of the US. But places like Canada and the northern parts of the US? Don't you guys savour any hot day because you have so few of them?

One could probably make that argument about the UK but, at the same time, if peope want to see a movie here the state of the weather won't make any difference.

Here is some perspective:2nd day drops for other films that opened to 25-40 mill opening on a Tuesday or Wednesday in the last 10 years.Tranformers 3: -42%ROTK: -50%Passion of the Christ: -44%TTT: --46%So Spidey's 37% drop looks normal.

• Like 1

I can understand that for Australia and some parts of the US. But places like Canada and the northern parts of the US? Don't you guys savour any hot day because you have so few of them?

I've never seen heat affect movie going here in Canada. If people want to see a movie here we go, it's that simple.

Heat does not keep people away. lolAnd it's not a good number. I'm not saying it's indicative of anything, just saying that a 35-37% drop on day two is not great.

I don't know about that, the Heat has been brutal on the East Coast, over 95 Degree weather (Over 100 heat index) for 8 straight days, Also the East Coast got battered by a huge storm that people still don't have power. If a winter storm affected Avatar's opening gross, why can't heat affect gross? Just cause there AC in the theater doesn't mean people want to go outside. I'm not saying it was the biggest factor, I'm just saying it could of been a factor. I'm sure a lot of families stayed inside for 4th of July. As for the number the drop is actually lower minus midnight's.TF1 After 2 days and previews: 65 MillionTASM After 2 Days: 57-60 Edited by filmscholar

OK, now I gotta say it: I TOLD YOU SO! B)

I said it was dropping to 20-25m for Wednesday and you TASM loonies all brushed me off and called me a bitter hater. Who's bitter now? :D

Posted Image

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Like 1

It's OD will be far more frontloaded than you're accounting for. Midnights alone will be a massive automatic decrease for the 4th, and it should decrease even more due to OD fan rush.Tuesday: 35mWed: 25m (-29%)Thursday: 15m (-40%)Friday: 19m (+26)Saturday: 21m (+10%)Sunday: 16m (-24%)131m 6 day1.7-1.8x 6 day multi is all this will get because of TDKR, which should put it around the 220-235m range. ;)

B) B) B)This might even be too optimistic now on my part.

Also to put this in context as Brumer just did with those numbers. Spidey 2: 40 Million OD (Wed-4th of July), 23 Million Thurs (41% drop).

It's the fact that it dropped nearly 40% on a holiday like the 4th that makes it awful. If it were a normal non holiday 2nd day drop then yeah it would be very normal. But half the people here were expecting an increase for it. :lol:

Also to put this in context as Brumer just did with those numbers. Spidey 2: 40 Million OD (Wed-4th of July), 23 Million Thurs (41% drop).

SM2 opened on Wed the 30th of June. I'm also pretty sure that the best configuration for the 4th is when it's a Sunday, so SM2 had that to its advantage whereas TASM will not.

It's the fact that it dropped nearly 40% on a holiday like the 4th that makes it awful. If it were a normal non holiday 2nd day drop then yeah it would be very normal. But half the people here were expecting an increase for it. :lol:

People were expecting an increase cause of TF1 numbers seem to be the comparison but they did not open in the same day. Again I know there is a section of people that want this film to fail but it's doing pretty good so far. 22-24 would only be a small drop from 27 which is the number minus midnight.

SM2 opened on Wed the 30th of June. I'm also pretty sure that the best configuration for the 4th is when it's a Sunday, so SM2 had that to its advantage whereas TASM will not.

That's right, it was the 30th, July 4th was the Sunday after that week, I meant to say July 4th weekend for Spidey 2 opening. It wasn't a holiday that day but it was the start of the holiday weekend.