Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

So therefore every adaptation of the origin in comic-lore you deem to be pathetic?As the story has been told once in comic form I can only assume you objected to it being retold over and over by other writers and artists?

Comic book genre in general has degenerated to the point where it has become a kind of anti-cinema and anti-art. TASM in particular is trite, generic, utterly cynical cash-grab. Similar to recent Call of Duty videogames.Brace yourself, this story is going to be retold every 10 years now, because people seem to eat this up.

Yeah that's some very basic elements, but after seeing SM1 I realized how much in depth of the plot is overall the same. Oh and #3 on your different list was recycled from SM2. :P

Ha! Right you are. But that scene in SM2 on the train gives me goosebumps every single time I watch it. That scene packs an emotional punch that is better than all of TASM.

I worry about the state of movies if we're relegated to getting the same thing over and over just with a new coat of paint, especially if people have too short a memory span or are just too easily entertained to care. So yeah I think that's "pathetic" in a way.

Aren't you worried about Gotham Cirty been attacked by yet another maniac that wants Batman to join his cause and at the same time brings terror to the city? :rofl:

Hypocryte.

The meltdowns begun with the day one? I wonder for how many days you will be twisting and turning and acting like you understand cinema and films based in comic books when in truth you are just eating the same rehash over and over again. There is a reason why people are passionated about The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man: these films bring something new believing in the genre, not by giving a new paint to the same fucking boring Batman story over and over again.

And this comes from a Batman fan. Batman deserves better, and he will have it, in case that you don't know, Warner is already working in the reboot of Batman, I suggest you all to go to the studio and start picketing against that, maybe you have a shot of saving cinema. :lol:

And at least they made an attempt to be different here. I don't think this is quite as bad as doing the exact same movie in a different language like with Let Me In and Dragon Tattoo.

I totally agree with you there. I still liked Let Me In though.

So TASM is only slightly lower than TF1's 1.5 day tally of 36.6m if the 35m number holds. TF1's Monday night previews are essentially the equivalent of midnights today considering how prevalent midnights are compared to 2007.I wouldn't be surprised to see TASM make 27-30m tomorrow if it continues to follow the TF1 pattern.

• Like 1

IKR, why not!?!? Let's get that Potter reboot out to go head to head with Catching Fire next November. No sense in waiting more than 2 years after the series has ended anymore!

Every generation needs their own Potter

They go in turns now, when one goes to sleep, another pair of butthurts appear. I find it entertaining. :rofl:

I can admit when I am wrong iJack, and I was wrong. This is a strong start for TASM.Can you admit that you were way off too?

I worry about the state of movies if we're relegated to getting the same thing over and over just with a new coat of paint, especially if people have too short a memory span or are just too easily entertained to care. So yeah I think that's "pathetic" in a way.

Don't see it then. There's plenty of other movies to see. It's a good movie which is all that matters. Failing to see why Sony needed to reboot it after the corner they put it in is ridiculous. This is Spider-Man. Marvel's biggest character. It needed sorting out and they've done that. I see it as a job well done and everything is back where it was in safe hands for them to make strong sequels. You could make the case for the vast majority of commercial product being a retread these days. That's the nature of the business. Singling out a reboot of Spider-Man to slam doesn't seem fair. Especially when it's been so well made. Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 1

Here is a quick list:

1.Nerdy guy(kinda)2.Flash Thompson3. Love interest4.Aunt and Uncle5. Scientist/father figure that takes an interest in Peter due to their similar love of science6. Gets bit7. Gets powers8. Has silly mishaps with powers he can't control yet9. Learns to play with his abilities around town10. Starts distancing himself to his Aunt and Uncle because of this11. Uncle Ben dies through inaction of Peter immediately following argument12. Tracks down his uncles killer(actually this is different because he totally forgets about this at some point)13. Becomes Spider-Man14. Meanwhile the scientist/father figure wanted to further develop some science shit, but was totally denied(bummer!) so he tests is on himself, thereby becoming a monster. 15. After becoming a monster, he goes and tracks down the executive that told him noThat is just what I could come up with off the top of my head.Things they did change:1. Peter is a handsome hunk2. He gets the girl really, really easily and with little effort3. He takes his mask of in front of everyone except his Aunt.4. He has to have help literally all the way through the movie.5. He can only swing in a straight line in the clutch.I am having trouble remembering more of the movie.

You certainly remembered a lot of the movie. Are you sure you didn't like it? :rolleyes:

Diary of some here:What I did today? Well, I woke up, logged in boxoffice.com and trashed the hell out of The Amazing Spider-Man. Then I eat, while still trashing the film, and I went to work. I couldn't control myself so I'll log in my phone and hate a little bit more. When I'm bored at work, do you know what I do? I hate on The Amazing Spider-Man!!! And you know what I had for lunch? A big double of hating Amazing Spider-Man on three threads and more a bunch of websites, then I cursed the loonies that think that film is worth a damn, because they are just some dipshits. Then I almost got late for work, but I'm sure that my boss won't notice if I get on boxoffice.com so I can hate on The Amazing Spider-Man a little bit more, so what I'll do next? Work? Fuck work, the World needs to know how fucking a piece of trash this film is, so I'll trash this film a little bit again, because it's a war, I hate these loonies that are anticipating this film, it's a pretty fucking boring film made for this stupid dickheads that will watch anything that throw next to them wait, I've got a little bit carried away, I need to hate The Amazing Spider-Man again, and ops it's pass 5, I should get going, my lady is missing me, but she can wait because I need to tell these people how much awful this Spider-Man film, so I'll pass a little bit more time here. Wait, is already past 8? I guess I'll ask for some pizza delivery, no time to stop hating this film, the night is long and this film needs to be hated. And I need to make sure to everyone how much hateful and boring this film is.Seriously.I'd hate to be you. This was virtually the most nauseating shit that I've already written my entire life. But describe some of you perfectly. I know you won't stop. And by no means I'm confronting your opinion about this film. I'm just trying to show how pathetic you look. I'm here to talk about a film that I'm anticipating the fuck out. How about you? What you did today besides hating on The Amazing Spider-Man? Does it makes you feel better about yourself? Some tough childhood problems? Or just boredom? Is your life that fucking empty? I can't hate people like you, I do have pity, and I hope that I don't know, one day things get better for you.

I'll just leave my post here and go to sleep, what a beautiful night. Feel free to copy, adapt and use this post as you wish, my friends.Good night. :shades: Edited by iJackSparrow

I can admit when I am wrong iJack, and I was wrong. This is a strong start for TASM.Can you admit that you were way off too?

Yes obviously 35m is 10m more than I was expecting so I was way off for OD. But I gotta love how you flip the tables and call out iJack rallax! I mean after all 400-500m is still happening in his Spidey looney land. :P

Yeah iJack I encourage you to admit it, it's not shameful because the gross is impressive ;)I expected this, I'm the new god of forecasts, at least today :P

Of course! But that doesn't mean that things that I've predicted aren't happening just because I missed the mark. Nice to see this gesture from you, mate. Seriously. Good night!

IKR, why not!?!? Let's get that Potter reboot out to go head to head with Catching Fire next November. No sense in waiting more than 2 years after the series has ended anymore!

Posted Image