Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I wouldn't read too much into a Tuesday/Wednesday second day drop.I'm sure a lot of folks will show up at 11pm Thursday to catch the midnight showing for opening day. The low presales proved that this is a casual/general audience type of film, not a hyper/fanboy/buy-presale-tickets-a-week-in-advance type of movie.

LOL, it's the fucking SECOND DAY of a film and it isn't happening? And people are asking me to grow a pair?

GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU CHILDISH HATERS NOLANITES SCUMBAGS.

And I dare some mod to give me an infraction point for this, since people can call me a psychopath EVERY DAY here and get away with it.

LMFAO!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love this thread, just when it starts to get a bit dull... the shit hits the fan.

Anyone have an idea why Transformers went up 4% on July 4th Wednesday and ASM may have dropped 35%?

Heat.

Portugal’s prime minister has been free with his advice to the legions of young and unemployed in his country. They should “show more effort” and “leave their comfort zone” by looking for work abroad. Teachers unable to find a job at home should think about emigrating to Angola or Brazil.Pedro Passos Coelho’s comments have touched a raw nerve in Portugal, where the debt crisis and economic recession have sent jobless rates soaring. Many Portuguese are even beginning to question what appeared to be irreversible social advances since the country emerged from almost 50 years of dictatorship in 1974.

Yesterday.After that I thought this : "Cjohn" :P

Anyone have an idea why Transformers went up 4% on July 4th Wednesday and ASM may have dropped 35%?

1. Transformers was an original film. TASM is a 4th film (although a reboot) in a hugely popular franchise.2. TF burned off a lot of demand with its Monday previews. TASM had a proper OD.3. TASM OD was inflated because of Discount Tuesdays. Those didn't skew weekday grosses in 2007 as much as they do now.4. TF1 had truly amazing WOM. :P

Yeah but I think Tuesday-Wednesday dynamic also played a part. It will probably drop 25% on Thursday instead of TF1's 35%.

Tuesday-Wednesday dynamic is just a theory BTW. Posters from Canada say they had to pay full prices for their TASM tickets. It may have dropped entirely due to frontloading and mediocre WOM, which means there good reasons for it drop more than 35% on Thursday. ;)