Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I don't think I ever said anything as dismissive as "Nobody can deny this". I made my points and argued them.

You're right, my tone was over the top and I apologize to Dark Alfred for that.
  • Like 1

SM3 might be okay but to say it is better than TASM is BLASPHEMY!

Not really. Garfield and Stone are the strong elements from TASM, but it fails in every other department. SM3 had a better story, funnier script, better score, better villain, better pace and better action.
  • Like 1

Not really. Garfield and Stone are the strong elements from TASM, but it fails in every other department. SM3 had a better story, funnier script, better score, better villain, better pace and better action.

don't agree at all. but whatever.
  • Like 1

What pluses? I can give you minuses. Uncle Ben's death, Harry's amnesia, muddled plot, over the top cheese fest including Maguire's dancing, neutering of Venom, Raimi's reliance on MJ being stuck in danger in every movie, Maguire catching MJ in all 3 movies, mailed in performance by Maguire and that's top of my head. I haven't seen the movie since OW 2007.

I love when people try to convert me into hating SM3. You're just spinning your wheels. I have my reasons for liking it but I'm not gonna attempt to convert you into liking it. You hate it..I got it...I'm sure there are plenty of films you like that I hate. ;)
  • Like 1

I love when people try to convert me into hating SM3. You're just spinning your wheels. I have my reasons for liking it but I'm not gonna attempt to convert you into liking it. You hate it..I got it...I'm sure there are plenty of films you like that I hate. ;)

Touche.
  • Like 1

I'd rate them about even.SM3 slightly ahead since it didn't take itself so super seriously.

don't agree at all. but whatever.

Let's break it down. Does anyone think that Elfman's score wasn't better? Does anyone think that Lizard was better villain than Green Goblin/Sandman (let's forget the Venom mess, that was just plain awful)? SM3 had some spectacular action scenes, TASM had 3 short action sequences, none of them were impressive. SM3 had a fair share of funny moments, it had Bruce Campbell and J.K. Simmons!!! TASM doesn't have much humor, it's best moment is the Stan Lee cameo. I can't get into the scripts without spoiling TASM, so skip that part. SM3 is an unbalanced film with a pathetic third act, but its main problem is that it followed the nearly perfect SM2, so that's why the major hatred towards it. It wasn't a bad film.SM - ASM2 - A+SM3 - B+TASM - B Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

First Class made me appreciate X-Men 3 (A filmed I hated after the first viewing) more. TASM did the same thing for Spidey 3. Neither Spidey 3 or X-Men 3 come anywhere near the quality of the previous films in their respective series, but at least they are 'quality by association' unlike the reboots.

• Like 1

Even if you loved it you would say it sucks. You've been hating for months, I don't expect you to change now.

Well I did already see half the movie through the clips Sony released. ;)

I also agree with others here that Venom or Carnage need to be done properly in another movie, to make up for the major screw up Raimi made with Venom. Everyone knows that Raimi had a personal hate against Venom, and when Sony forced him to use Venom in SM3, he screwed up the Venom portrayal big-time.If not Venom, then at the very least Carnage in some aspect.

For me, that would be like Christmas, Chanukuh, Kwanza, and Festivis all rolled into one.

I think that one of the BEST things ever to happen for Marvel on film would be for the film rights of Spiderman to rightfully come back to Marvel (and therefore Disney). Sony has no business making Spiderman films anymore.In conclusion, I am sick of Sony, and would love nothing more than to see Marvel rightfully take back the Spiderman rights and make proper Spiderman films.
  • Like 2

I also agree with others here that Venom or Carnage need to be done properly in another movie, to make up for the major screw up Raimi made with Venom. Everyone knows that Raimi had a personal hate against Venom, and when Sony forced him to use Venom in SM3, he screwed up the Venom portrayal big-time.If not Venom, then at the very least Carnage in some aspect.I think that one of the BEST things ever to happen for Marvel on film would be for the film rights of Spiderman to rightfully come back to Marvel (and therefore Disney). Sony has no business making Spiderman films anymore.In conclusion, I am sick of Sony, and would love nothing more than to see Marvel rightfully take back the Spiderman rights and make proper Spiderman films.

Funny thing is, at one point I wanted TASM to flop on John Carter level so Marvel could get the rights back but when haters went overboard; I changed my tone.Edit: I want FF back as well. Think of the possibilities including Galactus vs TA. :drool: Edited by druv10

BTW...I'd be interested to see a breakdown on how much time Spidey is in his suit during TASM and how it compares to the previous films. For a movie where I felt every minute of it's considerable /excessive length there seemed to be very little Spider-man on the screen during TASM. It might have been more genuine to call it The Powerful Peter Parker or something thing similar. But hey, at least we didn't get Peter Parker the Musical like we did with SM3.

• Like 1

When you post things like that, I hope you know you don't sound clever in any way. You just sound extremely stupid. Clips and trailer equal half a movie? Really?

Posted Image

20 of them, yes

When you post things like that, I hope you know you don't sound clever in any way. You just sound extremely stupid. Clips and trailer equal half a movie? Really?

Posted Image

Personally, I felt all the clips and trailers I saw pretty much showed most of the movie, and I wasn't even trying to pay attention to them. Actually, I retract that, the trailers and clips remove all the excess crap and show what little good stuff the film has to offer, which is not much.
  • Like 1