Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

It will be insane if Ted makes the top 5 all-time list for R-rated domestic grosses.Few people if anyone predicted that level of success.May:"Hey guys what if Ted end up making 100 m more than Prometheus in North America and destroys it worldwide""Shut up you insane person."

• Like 1

Possibly if Brave doesn't start having better holds here.

Personally even if TASM satisfied all its current haters, I would not have thought it would have done over SM3 so Brave potentially failing to beat it, likely now, is extremely disappointing.

Personally even if TASM satisfied all its current haters, I would not have thought it would have done over SM3 so Brave potentially failing to beat it, likely now, is extremely disappointing.

Well TASM won't do close to SM3 so I'm not sure what you mean there.

I wish 3D was no extra cost to consumers.. then it could expose these box office runs for what they really are. In TASM case it has to have added at least $30m to the six day... that is fucking huge boost. The $30m gap between Prometheus and SWATH becomes a $50m gap... The Hunger Games leapfrogs TS3 and Lion King into the top 10 all time domestic, etc etc.And not to mention, if there was no extra cost, then studios would simply give up on this shallow fad which adds close to nothing to the actual moviegoing experience except of course the bottom line.

If that were so people might be more receptive. Young people especially are pretty much disillusioned with the need to pay more.But again, do I really believe Toy Story 3 would have grossed $30m+ less if it had no 3D? No. I think it might've even grossed more.Same with Prometheus, Brave and etc. Lion King is a different beast because well it was advertised solely for the purpose.Watch GI Joe next year. It might go up in flames in epic style.

Well TASM won't do close to SM3 so I'm not sure what you mean there.

As in Brave, I predicted would beat TASM no matter what kind of reception TASM got, so it's disappointing to see it get beaten by a comfortable margin.

Prometheus has been a gigantic fail at the box office outside of OW. Boy was I wrong wrong wrong on that one. At least I wasn't alone though. 90% of this board is goin down in flames with me there. :P

I had 130 in Summer Game! :hi5:
  • Like 1