Shawn Robbins

NIKKI-ISMS | Nikki signs first look deal with HBO | Nikki and Penske make up, she will return to reporting on the entertainment industry

I'm not a big fan of Nikki or her tactics, but starting some weird immature stalker site about her is reprehensible.

Just to be clear, Deadline is the same place where they said there was no truth to the rumors about Nikki leaving. They're the same place where Mike Fleming Jr. said flattering things about Nikki when the rumors about her leaving began. And they're the same place that said horrible things about Nikki once she left Deadline and started her own site. Deadline has been so dishonest about this whole Nikki thing throughout that they have no moral high ground.

Just to be clear, Deadline is the same place where they said there was no truth to the rumors about Nikki leaving. They're the same place where Mike Fleming Jr. said flattering things about Nikki when the rumors about her leaving began. And they're the same place that said horrible things about Nikki once she left Deadline and started her own site. Deadline has been so dishonest about this whole Nikki thing throughout that they have no moral high ground.

What does Deadline have to do with any of this?

What does Deadline have to do with any of this?

The site isn't owned and operated by the owners or employees of Deadline? Who else would spend all this effort to attack Nikki? I know she has enemies in Hollywood, but I doubt they would bother doing something like this.

• Like 1

I don't think it's Deadline at all. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose from this. (And Deadline/ Penske has already won, if the contract situation is to be believed).

Considering how petty the site has been in the past? I would put nothing past them.

• Like 2

I don't think it's Deadline at all. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose from this. (And Deadline/ Penske has already won, if the contract situation is to be believed).

You might be right, but who else would bother doing something like this? Nikki isn't really a celebrity. She's not someone that most people would take the time out of their day to take or pay someone else to take pictures of. She has some enemies in Hollywood, but if they were going to do something like this, the time was when Nikki mattered. Now, they don't need to bother.

Even enemies that she has with The Wrap of The Hollywood Reporter, while they may take joy in a website like that, they aren't going to waste time creating one.

The Deadline people are the obvious suspects.

• Like 1

You might be right, but who else would bother doing something like this? Nikki isn't really a celebrity. She's not someone that most people would take the time out of their day to take or pay someone else to take pictures of. She has some enemies in Hollywood, but if they were going to do something like this, the time was when Nikki mattered. Now, they don't need to bother.Even enemies that she has with The Wrap of The Hollywood Reporter, while they may take joy in a website like that, they aren't going to waste time creating one.The Deadline people are the obvious suspects.

Actually, I don't think they are. Nikki has tons of enemies -- anyone she's slandered or screwed over or been an asshole to.... the list is incredibly long. This feels like the work of an individual as opposed to a corporate entity... and again, what does Deadline (or its key people) gain from this sort of approach?
  • Like 4

The website is retarded and clearly the guys think they're clever but if there's one good thing to come of this, it's that they've compiled what is essentially a greatest hits list. I love it! :wub:

1. Robin Williams: “Someone get him back on drugs or alcohol or both”2. Sumner Redstone is a “crazy old coot”3. Daniel Loeb: “the most hated man in Hollywood” and open threats to Loeb saying his actions will have, “consequences”4. Ben Silverman: “an incredible pussy” who was “prone to flop sweat” had a “record of abject failure” and “a well-known Hollywood drug-taker and drunkard”5. Marc Shmuger: Broke news of his firing before it happened calling him “a polarizing asshole” and “thin-skinned crybaby” who’d been “embarrassing himself”. Called him a “putz” who had “cried” during his final days at his old company.6. Jeff Zucker: “a thin-skinned humorless bully”, thin-skinned prick”, “overpaid blowhard”, “kiss-ass incompetent”, and “putz”7. Nathan Fillion: “If he gets any fatter, he’s going to need his own channel”8. The women of Hollywood: “Beautiful actresses are not funny”9. Anita Busch: “She’s batshit crazy”10. Lena Dunham: “Are we positive she doesn’t have a Y chromosome” and “this no-talent who can’t even improvise one funny line”11. Kate Hudson: “Someone give Kate a cookie: I know the mags said she was fat 3 years ago, but jeez”12. Anne Hathaway’s: “asshole-ian behavior” and “a nightmare”13. Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger: “both seeing the same plastic surgeon for frequent facelift discounts”14. SAG-AFTRA: “heads up their asses”15. Billy Crystal: “His face looks like it was ironed – and I swear I can still see the scorch marks”16. Barbra Streisand: “With all her money (she) couldn’t afford shampoo”17. Oprah Winfrey: “the most insufferable hypocrite in Hollywood – and that’s saying a LOT”18. Peter Bart: “an unethical fart”19. Ari Emanuel: “We all know Ari Emanuel is an asshole, but we also thought he was at least a smart asshole”20. Lynne Segall: “I told her to stick it where the sun don’t shine”21. Bret Easton Ellis – Tried to have him fired over the apartment issue22. ICM Employees – Threatened to reveal their home addresses and their children’s schools23. Mike Flemming- referred to as, “Mike Phlegming”24. Michael Ovitz – An entire article devoted to maligning Ovitz and his art collecting25. Michael Ovitz again- An entire book devoted to maligning his career26. A CBS Publicist: “Stick it where the sun don’t shine, you asswipe”27. Dick Cook – Breaking the news he was fired before the company announcement28. Peter Bart: “Buttboy”29. Patrick Goldstein: “venomous screed” and “Pussy”30. William Morris Agency – Characterized everyone there as a, “bunch of douche bags”31. Jim Wiatt – Career publicly destroyed32. Jay Leno: “whining like a pussy”33. New Line: “left holding its dick”34. The Hollywood Reporter: “rumor-mongers…gorges on celebrity bullshit”35. Julie Taymor: “a cinematic loon”36. Michael Eisner: “FrankenEisner”, “the most rancid corporate chief in Hollywood”, “the biggest pain in the ass ever”37. Charles and James Dolan are a “clown parade”38. Most Americans: “fly-over country mouth-breathers who hate Hollywood. Only with good grammar and spelling”39. Aaron Sorkin: “really arrogant”40. Richard Johnson: “always unreliable”41. M. Night Shyamalan: “limitless ego”42. Oscar voters: “geriatric and cranky but also jealous and vengeful”43. Jay Penske: “Little Lord Fauntleroy”, “snake oil salesman”, and “con artist”44. UTA – Sent an email to UTA CEO Jeremy Zimmer threatening to fuck the agency after UTA excluded Deadline from a scoop.45. Ric Robertson: “threw a hissy fit”46. Shelley Browing: “is a pain in the ass”47. Shelley Browning and Rachel McAdams together is: “drama, drama, drama”48. American Idol winners: “who always sound like cats being strangled”49. Ted Harbert: “pint-sized putz” and “Trust me you can do better than Ted”50. White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “true to form it failed to deliver”51. Conan O’Brien: “bland to a fault”52. Variety: “up to its old creepy tricks”53. Vanity Fair: “its year-round showbiz coverage has all the heft of a marshmallow”54. George Lucas: “unbridled greed”55. Barry Diller: “now a dull online mogul but formerly the most arrogant of Hollywood moguls”56. Andy Cohen: “being the ego-out-of-control brat he is”57. Oprah Winfrey and Arianna Huffington: “a pathetic pairing”58. James Cameron: “arrogant asshole”59. Tyler Perry: “stick to cross-dressing in your movies and holding Oprah’s handbag the rest of the time”60. Dustin Hoffman: “Remember when (he) was funny? Before Botox froze his features”61. The LA Times: “entertainment business coverage remains smug, lazy, and uniformed”62. Dancing with the Stars: “is the bane of my existence (because I hate it so much)”63. ICM – Reporting every single tiny management movement for the past 5 years…why the obsession?64. NBC and ATAS: “idiots”65. John Hodgman: “muzzle that backstage announcer and his moronic commentary? What is he Jeff Zucker’s brother-in-law?”66. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences: “Best Bunch of Hypocrites” and “hetero members…homophobia”67. Elizabeth Banks: “looks like an amateur at a bad high school production”68. John Travolta’s: “triple chin”69. Harvey Weinstein’s: “replant grandstanding”70. Hollywood Foreign Press: “Corrupt” and “scandal-riddled organization”71. Robert De Niro: “the asshole we always suspected he was”72. Golden Globes: “smarmy borefest”73. mPRm’s name was: “moronic”74. Larry King: “slobberfest!”75. Arianna Huffington: “an online ass and conservative mole”76. Chris Silverman: “Hes a delusional television agent gone rogue”77. Tom Rothman: “Arrogant” and announced his firing before he could resign78. Sharon Waxman: “The Crap” and “desperate”79. Nikki Finke: “I’m an asshole”

• Like 4

Actually, I don't think they are. Nikki has tons of enemies -- anyone she's slandered or screwed over or been an asshole to.... the list is incredibly long.This feels like the work of an individual as opposed to a corporate entity... and again, what does Deadline (or its key people) gain from this sort of approach?

They get to let off some anger that they have towards Nikki for whatever reason. It's tough to tell who working there has the biggest gripe with her. However, it just seems like revenge to kick her while she is down. Especially when this Deadline/Nikki situation still seems unresolved.

It doesn't make sense for her other enemies to choose this moment to go after her. Her enemies in Hollywood would have wanted to go after her when she had power and was ripping into them. Or, when she started her own site, to make sure that she didn't succeed. Now, her site is being shut down and she has no power, so there's no reason for them to waste time to publicly go after her like that.

With her enemies like Waxman and company, they can still take their swipes at her publicly. They don't need to go to that extreme to get revenge. They can kick Nikki while she is down without creating a website like this. I just don't believe that most people know who Nikki is or would go to all this trouble to make Nikki look bad. She's just not that important to most people.

The most logical choice seems like someone who is really pissed at Nikki, feels like they can't express that anger in public for whatever reason, and actively wants revenge. It's possible that some people in Hollywood hold a grudge and want to kick her while she is down. But, this seems so extreme that the people at Deadline seem like the logical suspects.

• Like 1

They get to let off some anger that they have towards Nikki for whatever reason. It's tough to tell who working there has the biggest gripe with her. However, it just seems like revenge to kick her while she is down. Especially when this Deadline/Nikki situation still seems unresolved.

It doesn't make sense for her other enemies to choose this moment to go after her. Her enemies in Hollywood would have wanted to go after her when she had power and was ripping into them. Or, when she started her own site, to make sure that she didn't succeed. Now, her site is being shut down and she has no power, so there's no reason for them to waste time to publicly go after her like that.

With her enemies like Waxman and company, they can still take their swipes at her publicly. They don't need to go to that extreme to get revenge. They can kick Nikki while she is down without creating a website like this. I just don't believe that most people know who Nikki is or would go to all this trouble to make Nikki look bad. She's just not that important to most people.

The most logical choice seems like someone who is really pissed at Nikki, feels like they can't express that anger in public for whatever reason, and actively wants revenge. It's possible that some people in Hollywood hold a grudge and want to kick her while she is down. But, this seems so extreme that the people at Deadline seem like the logical suspects.

I don't get where you are coming from Disney.

As Tele said... deadline has absolutely nothing to gain and plenty to loss.  They win this battle by shutting down her site and her.

I don't get the partisan hate towards Deadline.

All they did is buy it from her for 15 million and 1 million/year salary.

Nikki is like a lot of entrepreneurs.  After they sell or give up their creations they seem don't to grasp that it isn't theirs anymore. They take the money and act like nothing has changed.

While there has been some ugliness from both sides there is no way Deadline is going to allow Nikki to devalue what they have just paid millions for.

• Like 2