Shawn Robbins

NIKKI-ISMS | Nikki signs first look deal with HBO | Nikki and Penske make up, she will return to reporting on the entertainment industry

*repost*

I will say that it was a lot of fun waiting for her numbers when no one else was reporting numbers. She was a great resource and made it fun to follow the box office and some of her over the top commentary was funny.

But some of the behind the scenes stuff she was doing, i.e. threatening people's families was not cool. You can only be a bully for so long.

Read The Wrap article. She and Penske had been fighting, and she was pissed that he hasn't named her chief of Variety when she bought it.Karma is a bitch. :lol:

Well I think that when she convinced Variety to buy Deadline she wanted to be in direct competition with THR.  They had been feuding during that time right? Must have been a blow to her when things didn't turn out the way she wanted. It's one thing to be a certain way with your own company but Variety is too old and established to put her in charge. That's just my opinion. I don't they even considered making her chief.

So the Wrap is lying? LOL

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/a-personal-note-on-nikki-finke-from-mike-fleming/

Dear PMC Team,

As you may be aware, Sharon Waxman at TheWrap has just run a libelous, false, and defamatory story on her blog, in which she claims amongst other things that I had fired Nikki Finke.

This is a complete fabrication, with not an ounce of truth to it. Just to be clear, Nikki Finke has a multi-year contract with the Company, and it is the Company’s absolute intention to continue its obligations under the agreement.

It is sad when a rival business feels the need to fabricate stories to create traffic and notoriety. Due to the defamatory and disparaging nature of some of the completely inaccurate statements made by Waxman, PMC has turned this matter over to our attorneys. Contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Lauren Gullion

Head of Communications

PMC

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

I imagine she'll just start a new blog. Can't be that hard with her contacts. I imagine Deadline will suffer without her; she was their #1 and only attraction. 

I just want to see her bitchy comments about people again. :lol:

"Now, The Wrap is writing about Nikki Finke being fired, and I don’t believe it for a moment. I was copied on this email that Jay Penske wrote to Wrap editrix Sharon Waxman: “Sharon, your story isn’t true and all of the ‘facts’ that you mention are completely erroneous.” As for me, I can only say this: Nikki convinced me to leave Daily Variety after 20 years, and it was the right move and I have never enjoyed collaborating with a journalist more than I have with her. I love what the reporters and editors here have built here with her guidance, and I think we have a lot more to say and do. Internal stuff happens from time to time and it gets worked out, despite the sensationalized reporting that amounts to wishful thinking on the part of The Wrap, which couldn’t carry Deadline’s jockstrap."

• Like 2

lol Fleming learned from the best  :wub:

Internal stuff happens from time to time and it gets worked out, despite the sensationalized reporting that amounts to wishful thinking on the part of The Wrap, which couldn’t carry Deadline’s jockstrap.