A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

This video game adaption is definitely being given all chances to be good. There are a lot of games which would make good source material these days so I hope this does well.

I think filming was suppose to start today. Hopefully we get a few more pictures soon

Just imagine... James Cameron's Bioshock.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2015/10/jeremy-irons-brendan-gleeson-join-assassins-creed-1201564455/

Jeremy Irons and Brendan Gleeson are joining the cast of Assassins Creed starring opposite Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard for director Justin Kurzel, New Regency and Fox. The live-action adaptation of the Ubisoft video game goes before the cameras next week. Irons plays Cotillard’s father. Gleeson plays Fassbender’s father. This is one heck of a line-up as the production companies are very smartly reaching beyond the already established Assassins Creed brand and have put together a high-quality cast.

• Like 2

I wish The Uncharted movie was making progress instead of this. That's the one with all the film potential. AC games are a convoluted ass mess in the story department. They have their work cut out for them.

Honestly I'd rather this.

Uncharted is already delivering where it is.

AssCreed?

Well, sure the story is messy, but I can dig the period scifi vibe this concept has. And the crew here is fantastic.

I'm not voting for the better video game...just with the concept which I think...could be more interesting as a movie. Uncharted just...well, is modern Indy Jones. I don't have much faith in that being really good. This is more unique, regardless of the games faults.

• Like 2

I agree, AC is a far more unique concept than Unchartered. Having said that, a Chris Pratt-led Unchartered would probably mean easy $$$.

I still think Bioshock is the franchise with the most movie potential though. Incredibly relevant themes in today's times, a captivating story and a visual fiesta. I can only hope Cameron drops Avatar 2 and uses all the underwater concept work for a Bioshock movie instead. 

• Like 1

I agree, AC is a far more unique concept than Unchartered. Having said that, a Chris Pratt-led Unchartered would probably mean easy $$$.

I still think Bioshock is the franchise with the most movie potential though. Incredibly relevant themes in today's times, a captivating story and a visual fiesta. I can only hope Cameron drops Avatar 2 and uses all the underwater concept work for a Bioshock movie instead. 

Wasn't Bioschock basically Tomorrow Land gone very wrong ?