A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ehhhhh....

Sorry, but Assassins Creed is one of the few game franchises to truly appeal to the general audience. It has a much higher base of casual players than most games do. It's a widely known brand among GA.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Sorry, but Assassins Creed is one of the few game franchises to truly appeal to the general audience. It has a much higher base of casual players than most games do. It's a widely known brand among GA.

While this all true I still don't think it's going to that well. 100M seems likens stretch

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Star Wars has less appeal to the GA than Assassin's Creed?

Star Wars has a massive fanbase, if not the biggest fanbase ever. However, in terms of General Audiences (people who don't give a fuck and just wanna watch a movie), yeah, Assassin's Creed has more appeal than Star Wars. 

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Even against Rogue One?

Take a look back at Christmas past.

The ones in bold are at least comparable to what can be expected of Rogue One. There are other 100M movies every single December. Most of the time multiple others.

2015:

Star Wars: 900M

Daddy's Home: 150M

2009:

Chipmunks: 220M

Sherlock: 209M

Its Complicated: 113M

2003: (adjusted)

LotR: 528M

Cheaper by the Dozen: 192M

Somethings Gotta Give: 174M

The Last Samurai: 156M

Cold Mountain: 126M

2002: (adjusted)

LotR: 492M

Chicago: 243M

Catch Me If You Can: 235M

Maid in Manhattan: 136M

Two Weeks Notice: 134M

Gangs of New York: 112M

2001: (adjusted)

LotR: 467M

Ocean's 11: 275M

A Beautiful Mind: 252M

Black Hawk Down: 160M

Vanilla Sky: 151M

Jimmy Neutron: 121M

1997: (adjusted)

Titanic: 1,101M

As Good as it Gets: 272M

Tomorrow Never Dies: 231M

Scream 2: 188M

Mouse Hunt: 114M

With a big brand & a known star, it should be good to make $$$.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Star Wars has a massive fanbase, if not the biggest fanbase ever. 

Which by sheer logical implication means that it has an inherent appeal to a large section of the GA.

Controversial, but I am skeptical about Rogue One's appeal to GA. The audience has to understand the movie's timeline, the significance of Death Star, etc. Even if they understand them, they have to see something compelling about the movie, especially since it is not a sequel continuing TFA's story. 

When I was in middle school and high school, not many people watched the prequels. In fact, I could count with my fingers how many people watched Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith. Even through my uni years, not many didn't watch the prequels. But these people who didn't watch prequels somehow watched TFA in theater. I hope these people once again show up at theaters to watch Rogue One. 

I wouldn't call Assassin's Creed has better appeal to GA though. I've seen Assassin's Creed being mentioned as equally much as Rogue One on FB and Twitter in my social circle. But they seem to have better understanding of AC's premise while Rogue One trailer seems to have generated some confusion. ("Where is the cast from TFA?" "The main character looks like Katniss"). But in the end, Rogue One carries Star Wars brand, and that alone is a huge appeal.