The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Who's the hat guy you guys are talking about?Also, I think it was collider or something but I read that the original cut is 4 hours long.

That doesn't really mean much. Most first cuts are very very long; they're intended to show everything that's available, not everything that makes a good movie. So scenes tend to play long, scenes are included even if they're redundant, extra coverage is given to action scenes, etc. It's not what you'd consider close to a finished piece.

Who's the hat guy you guys are talking about?Also, I think it was collider or something but I read that the original cut is 4 hours long.

Hat Guy see my profile pic. He was in the scene after the Gotham bank heist. Where Batman gets supposedly cornered in an alleyway and poof! The Bat appears! Cue hat rising.

There's a behind the scenes pic of a shirtless Bruce standing in front of the batsuit that I don't think was in the film. If anyone knows of any other cut scenes I'd be interested to hear them.

The football stadium is different in trailer 2. In trailer 2 we follow the player who is running for his life whereas in the film we get more of an aerial view, and we don't see the football player look back in horror and drop the ball.

There's a behind the scenes pic of a shirtless Bruce standing in front of the batsuit that I don't think was in the film. If anyone knows of any other cut scenes I'd be interested to hear them.

Never-mind: that moment actually is in the film, just before he meets Selina in the subway after banging Miranda.Anyway, saw the film a second time. My problems didn't disappear - pretty much every aspect to do with the bomb macguffin as well as the too-out-there-for-Nolan's-world Batwing - but the plot is way more digestible on a repeast viewing. TDKR might be the most visceral superhero film ever made, for better and (sometimes) worse.If this thread is anything go by I might be the only person who actually prefers the first half to the second, though.

Never-mind: that moment actually is in the film, just before he meets Selina in the subway after banging Miranda.Anyway, saw the film a second time. My problems didn't disappear - pretty much every aspect to do with the bomb macguffin as well as the too-out-there-for-Nolan's-world Batwing - but the plot is way more digestible on a repeast viewing. TDKR might be the most visceral superhero film ever made, for better and (sometimes) worse.If this thread is anything go by I might be the only person who actually prefers the first half to the second, though.

I think you are the only person. Not that there's anything wrong with it. The first half was very strong IMO. Second half was just so intense.

I think you are the only person. Not that there's anything wrong with it. The first half was very strong IMO. Second half was just so intense.

At this point I've kind of accepted that I have a natural aversion to BIG ACTION. It's why I enjoyed TA but don't feel compelled to see it again and why I know it's a complete waste of time for me to ever watch a Transformers movie.

Gee, this movie really sucked. Rex Reeds sums it up very well:"The Nolan brothers seem to be making it up as they go along. Not one character is developed beyond a flat, one-dimensional cardboard paper-doll construct without heart and soul, not to mention flesh and blood. Not one of these distractions invades the plot for any purpose except to extend the running time.""Turning a mosh pit of mystical comic book gimmicks into a money pit of metaphysical mumbo jumbo, Christopher Nolan gives new meaning to both DUI and DWI—“Directing Under the Influence” and “Directing While Intoxicated”—while raking in millions."http://observer.com/...istopher-nolan/In my eyes this is the SM3 for the Batman trilogy. At least SM3 war more entertaining.