The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Bane was a puppet, worse, love sick pup-pet. he didn`t deserve better exit.IMo, the biggest lapse in logic (among many!) was Bruce returning from the pit and going straight to Selina who betrayed him! And he`s,like, I trust you! Hello, based on what? How come people don`t harp on that but Blake guessing Batman identity?

Edited by fishnets

But it wasn't just a random blowing away, it was Catwoman asserting her real loyalty. And it wouldn't have made sense for Batman to make the killing hit himself.

I have no problem with Catwoman killing Bane but I thought it was so quick and unsatisying. For being promoted as the 'big bad' for a year now, breaking Batman and what he did for Gotham he deserved a lot more than a blink or miss it death.

But it wasn't just a random blowing away, it was Catwoman asserting her real loyalty. And it wouldn't have made sense for Batman to make the killing hit himself.

No it wouldn`t because he doesn`t kill. Didn`t he tell her no guns when they were fighting together? Plus, I guess that killing bane was her redeption for betraying Batman.

I have no problem with Catwoman killing Bane but I thought it was so quick and unsatisying. For being promoted as the 'big bad' for a year now, breaking Batman and what he did for Gotham he deserved a lot more than a blink or miss it death.

But the point is that he was not the big bad. Talia was. hence why she ended up with deathbed lines not him.

I guess I can understand that, but if she wanted to prove her point to Batman she had to do it with guns. Edited by tribefan695

But the point is that he was not the big bad. Talia was. hence why she ended up with deathbed lines not him.

He was the main villain for two and a half hours, then he's reduced to a henchman and his death is nothing. Really hated that, and Talia's death was just as crap.
  • Like 1

I watched it again for a second time, and I liked it alot, alot better than I already did. Alot of the flaws go away with better attention to the dialogue and the plot nuances, and the good stuff held up just as well this time.

He was the main villain for two and a half hours, then he's reduced to a henchman and his death is nothing. Really hated that, and Talia's death was just as crap.

Both characters were crap so crap deaths are fitting. Really awful, unengaging, can`t-take-seriously villains. Not that there wasn`t a decent backstory but it was served in such a if-MNS-can-do-it-so-can-we-muahahah-dumb-twist-time way.

Few more things I really loved:Lighting of Bat logoThose cops blowing up the bridge. Nice twist on two boats from TDK. Just as you thought they`d stop shooting, show solidarity and let them cross, KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Edited by fishnets

For a weekend full of dreaming up "what if" scenarios, imagine a third movie with Heath's Joker. To be treated to such a amazing performance again. Given that Bane's plans were a sort of manifestation of Joker's, it's not inconceivable the third movie could have followed some of the same plot points. But on the other hand, another movie with the Joker would have inevitably taken the focus away from Bruce and the completion of his story- League of Shadows and all.Which reminds me, here are all the moments my trilogy audience applauded to, since a lot of them are Joker-related. There was applause at the beginning and end of each movie.BB-The first time we see Batman and his "I'm Batman" lineGordon's "I've gotta get me one of those" line when he sees the BatmobileBatman's "but I don't have to save you" line as Ra's falls to his deathTDK-When Ledger takes off his mask"Ta-da! It's... MAGIC.""Good luck.""Then you're gonna love me.""We've got you, you son of a bitch."TDKR-First time we see Batman"So that's what that feels like."Cillian Murphy's cameoFiery Bat symbol"And then YOU have my permission to die."Talia's revealBruce/Selina kissRobinFlorenceBlake standing up in the Batcave ala BruceNeedless to say, this was the best possible audience for these movies. And that they went insane over TDKR's ending.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

@Gopher Yeah, I got the sense Joker probably would've had a lot more of a presence in this movie if Ledger were still alive, especially since they brought back Scarecrow and Ra's for cameos. They wouldn't necessarily have had to make him the center of attention, but he would've been a focus once Bane released all the prisoners.Still, I was happy with what I got.

Edited by tribefan695

I bought his arc from the pit onwards. What I didn't buy was his complete lack of hesitation to become Batman again after eight years and his conveniently disappearing injuries.The more I think about it the more unnecessary that eight year year gap was. It really has no overall relevance by the end.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1