The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The thing I hate about truck sequence you can see the smoke from the explosion.

Same here. I mean, if you're going to digitally remove the damn telephone pole you had to shoot out the bottom of the truck to flip it... why not remove the gases from the explosion?

Kevin Smith talks about TDKR, really interesting:http://smodcast.com/...k-knight-rises/

At work so can't click on too many links, but is this the "Fatman on Batman" podcast or the second part of it that is actually the new episode of "SmodCast"? I've listened to the F.O.B episode this morning while working....Damn, don't ever hire me. I'm such a bad employee. I'm on the clock right now!!!

At work so can't click on too many links, but is this the "Fatman on Batman" podcast or the second part of it that is actually the new episode of "SmodCast"? I've listened to the F.O.B episode this morning while working....

It's the 1st part (Fatman on Batman)

For me:

The truck sequence in TDK was better than the aerial stuff in TDKR.

The Bane fist fights in TDKR were better than any of the fights in the previous two films.

I enjoyed seeing Batman brawl with someone and not win. The camera lingered to highlight the strain and hopelessness he endured, and his screams of frustration were the icing on the cake. This wasn't a Matrix-esque ballet, this was brutal and unpretty.

Even though we saw it in the trailer, I fucking LOVE that shot of Bane ripping off the mask and walking away with it. Pure decimation.
  • Like 2

The choreography in TDKR's hand to hand fighting is so much better than TDK. This is clear when you consider in TDK, there are several scenes when people are waiting to be hit, especially in Hong Kong. It's clear Hardy and Bale put a lot of work in trying to make the fights look as convincing as possible on screen. And of course, Catwoman moved as well as could have been expected in the suit during her brief two fight sequences.

I thought Catwoman's fight scenes were choreographed very nicely. She used finesse and speed and a dirty fighting style rather than some unrealistic brawling.