The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

yads: Bane's whole point was to make Gotham suffer, to descend into anarchy but have the faintest hope they'd get out of it okay. Hence the long, drawn-out affair.

Yeah, I see that, but the trouble is we never see Gotham suffer during those five months. There should have been palpable suffering... dead bodies on the streets, rats everywhere, the whole nine yards. It should have been horrible - but we don't see any of that.

Yeah, I see that, but the trouble is we never see Gotham suffer during those five months. There should have been palpable suffering... dead bodies on the streets, rats everywhere, the whole nine yards. It should have been horrible - but we don't see any of that.

Agreed, Gotham was a bit too tidy for a city that had essentially been under occupation and cut off from the world for 5 months.
  • Like 1

I respect that people pick apart plot holes, but I am baffled that nobody was up in arms about the TDK plotholes. People are upset about the timing in TDKR and Bale getting back to Gotham, but where was the wtf is wrong with Nolan stuff when Joker magically was able to set up bombs in an entire hospital undetected? What about setting up bombs in two different ferry ships undetected? Being able to trip wires/transmit his voice his way on to the ships from his cell phone without much work? All stupid, but it was the Joker and Heath was God, so it's ok. But in TDKR, similar plot points are harped over to no end. Or how about the endless plot holes in TA? An advanced alien race attacks Earth but is clearly stupid as all heck with pretty inferior defenses than what Earth has to offer. Or Loki taking mind control over Hawkeye and the scientist dude rather than simply taking over Fury's mind which would have made shit easier to carry out his masterplan?All superhero movies have stupid plot holes. Just seems people are out to get this movie for some odd reason. I don't recall all this outrage over other movies. Anyway, as someone recently pointed out, if you enjoyed the movie enough, you easily overlook dumb shit and if you aren't loving it, you will likely start to pick it apart to pieces.

One thing that really hasn't been mentioned is that Bruce did achieve what the LoS set out to achieve. Bruce saved Gotham from corruption, so it did not need to be destroyed. It may have been based on a lie, but it was a lie that Batman made. Gotham's streets are clean of organized crime.So, really, Talia's goal in the movie is more about avenging her father than anything. She's even willing to die with the city. And, the LoS in BB are meant to be invisible. In here, the LoS are in plain daylight, well, except Talia, but still. So, really, she wanted Bruce to suffer more than anything. She wanted him to watch as his city tore itself to pieces, so it became the way it was before, so then she could blow it to kingdom hell because once again the city would be a mess and disaster. Kind of complicated when we get down to that. That woman has some serious hormonal issues.

Edited by CloneWars

Bane is the shit.

"We've paid you a small fortune." "And you think.... that gives you power... over me?"

"What happens if I take your mask off." "That would be very painful..." "You're a tough guy." "...for you."

I like the line right before that...

"Leave us"

"NO! Stay here, I'm in charge."

*Bane strokes Daggart's shoulder*

"Do you feel in control?"

*Assistant runs away*

:lol:

• Like 1

I respect that people pick apart plot holes, but I am baffled that nobody was up in arms about the TDK plotholes. People are upset about the timing in TDKR and Bale getting back to Gotham, but where was the wtf is wrong with Nolan stuff when Joker magically was able to set up bombs in an entire hospital undetected? What about setting up bombs in two different ferry ships undetected? Being able to trip wires/transmit his voice his way on to the ships from his cell phone without much work? All stupid, but it was the Joker and Heath was God, so it's ok. But in TDKR, similar plot points are harped over to no end. Or how about the endless plot holes in TA? An advanced alien race attacks Earth but is clearly stupid as all heck with pretty inferior defenses than what Earth has to offer. Or Loki taking mind control over Hawkeye and the scientist dude rather than simply taking over Fury's mind which would have made shit easier to carry out his masterplan?All superhero movies have stupid plot holes. Just seems people are out to get this movie for some odd reason. I don't recall all this outrage over other movies. Anyway, as someone recently pointed out, if you enjoyed the movie enough, you easily overlook dumb shit and if you aren't loving it, you will likely start to pick it apart to pieces.

I notice plot holes in other movies, but with TDKR they pulled me out more.

"Leave us"

*Assistant runs away*

It's not like it's some brilliant genius choice, but great camerawork there too -- Bane just looming over him and dominating the frame.

"Leave us"

*Assistant runs away*

BTW, I didn't understand everything Bane said at that point. I know he said that he's Gotham's Reckoning, then he said a bunch of stuff I didn't understand, and the guy says you're pure evil. What did Bane say?

BTW, I didn't understand everything Bane said at that point. I know he said that he's Gotham's Reckoning, then he said a bunch of stuff I didn't understand, and the guy says you're pure evil. What did Bane say?

He thanked him for the money and infrastructure, but said he's not needed anymore. Something along those lines.

He thanked him for the money and infrastructure, but said he's not needed anymore. Something along those lines.

I heard that part. No, there was something else he also said. I've seen it three times and each time I never understood it.

I heard that part. No, there was something else he also said. I've seen it three times and each time I never understood it.

I honestly don't recall another line that he said, but I'll check it out this weekend, because it's one of the most effective scenes with Bane.

This. Seen it 4 times and I know exactly what bit you're talking about. He says something right after the infrastructure part and him no longer being needed that I cannot for the life of me get.

Hey everyone. Had to come back and chime in again as I just saw the movie.

Bottom line is I absoloutely loved it.

This has everything that I love in a film. Grand scale, a dramatic and rousing score, great performances, awesome action, a great villain, and gets finished off with emotion.

I have grown to love Batman and I thought Wayne/Batman was great in this film. I loved his return line to Bane of "Then you will have my permission to die." I read earlier somebody ask "What has Batman done to deserve a happy ending like Frodo?" I was stunned by that considering everything he has sacraficed for the good of Gotham. He is a true hero in every sense of the word.

I LOVED BANE. He was a brute force and a great addition following the previous villains who didn't have that ability. He was mysterious and I also liked (if not loved) his voice. The first fight between he and Batman with bystanders watching sheepishly in the distance was GREAT cinema. I would say that I would have liked a better death scene but overall I loved him and believe he is one of the better villains I've seen. Its just that he followed up one of the greatest villains ever in the Joker.

Catwoman was fantastic and Hathaway was awesome. That has been covered very well already.

Caine, Levitt, and Oldman were all great. Freeman seemed to have less to do and Cotillard was fine. Her reveal at the end wasn't a big deal to me as although I'm a Batman fan I'm not a comic book junkie so her character is not as familiar to me.

As far as some of the plotholes that are being brought up, they don't bother me and many aren't even plotholes. The idea that we need to see Bruce traveling to Gotham is not important. A billionaire and someone as resourceful as BATMAN can find a way to get there. But I don't want to get into all of these supposed plotholes. I believe that all these things would be easily overlooked if it wasn't the follow up to one of the most popular films of this generation.

Bottom line, it's an amazing film that has everything including an ending that will send chills up your spine. It caps off one of the best trilogies ever. It's too bad it's the last Nolan Batman.

A

• Like 3