The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just to comment on a recent statement from some idiot Brian... something.

"The Avengers could have had that shit wrapped up in under 10 minutes. including shwarma break!"

Yes, and Superman could have annihilated Loki's invading forces in 3 seconds, including impregnating Black Widow with his bastard child, but it doesn't make Superman Returns a good movie.

When Man of Steel comes out, can we start blasting the Avengers for taking too long?

• Like 1

When TA came out a lot of people (ie: Batman fans :P) complained that the way Hulk took out Loki was basically a punchline. Ironic that Catwoman takes out Bane in the exact same way.

That one few I did not like but TDKR.If Loki can fight even with Thor and Thor fought even with Hulk. How did Hulk beat Loki so easily. Loki would not be that stupid. Loki was portrayed as stupid in last 30 minutes of the film when he suppose to intelligent.
  • Like 1

The 'puny god' sequence in Avengers got the biggest most positive reaction from the crowd during each of my viewings that I've ever seen. So I'll trade a 'plot hole' for something as fun as that. Especially when you get the brief speech from Loki indicating that he had nothing but disdain for a beast like the Hulk. The problem with TDKR is that all of it's plot holes are BORING. :)

Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki was great. I don't think Loki's a particularly interesting character (if Thor and TA are anything to go by), but the actor playing him totally understood the tone to go for.

This. I agree. Loki (in film form) is pretty uninteresting and rather bland as far as villains go, but Hiddleston did such an awesome job that it elevates the character. What should have been a very average villain turned out to be a pretty bad ass dude.
  • Like 1

This. I agree. Loki (in film form) is pretty uninteresting and rather bland as far as villains go, but Hiddleston did such an awesome job that it elevates the character. What should have been a very average villain turned out to be a pretty bad ass dude.

I was worried when I first heard that Loki was the villain.

Can someone point me to the Dark Knight Rises review thread? ;)

Anyway, finally saw TDKR today and loved every minute of it. I liked how Nolan paid homage to the comic book but still kept it in his own world. Yeah, it's not quite as good as TDK but still in its own right is well made from beginning to end. Bane is a bad ass villain and I think this was Bale's best performance out of the 3 movies. And once again, perfect casting with Anne Hathaway as she really did a great job, too bad we can't get a feature Catwoman film with her.

Also liked how Nolan & Co. closed things out giving Bruce a perfect character arc from BB to TDKR, it's the best adaptation thus far and I can't see how it can be topped. I'm still thinking about the last 15-minutes as it gives me goosebumps that this is the Batman trilogy I've been waiting for. They delivered once again.

****½/*****, (A, 9.2/10, 3.5/4)

Please note, I rarely give 5/5, A+ ratings so while I loved it, it's not on the same level as, say, The Godfather.

Ranking the Batman movies:

1. The Dark Knight

2. The Dark Knight Rises

3. Batman Begins

4. Batman (1989)

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

6. Batman Forever

7. Batman Returns

8. Batman (1966)

9-99: Reserved for Future Batman movies

100. Batman & Robin

** Right now I have TDKR above BB but once I see it again, it could be switched.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 2

Finally had a chance to see it and even though it isn't as sharp and coherent as TDK and definitely not as good Nolan managed to close the trilogy with an epic bang. The closing scenes similar to Inception's styled ending really gave me a sense of closure. Bane was a bad ass villain, not as good as the joker but every time he was on screen I was excited.A+Better than BB begins but weaker than TDK. Best movie of 2012 so far, probably the best blockbuster we have seen since Inception.

Finally had a chance to see it and even though it isn't as sharp and coherent as TDK and definitely not as good Nolan managed to close the trilogy with an epic bang. The closing scenes similar to Inception's styled ending really gave me a sense of closure. Bane was a bad ass villain, not as good as the joker but every time he was on screen I was excited.A+Better than BB begins but weaker than TDK. Best movie of 2012 so far, probably the best blockbuster we have seen since Inception.

Just curious....if TDK is better than TDKR but TDKR is an A+ what does that make TDK?

I don`t know. The moment where they stand on the ice that is feared to be thin and light that Bat mural wins Roland Emmerich Award For the Dumbest Scene In Movies. WTF Nolan? How? Why? You? No!

Edited by fishnets

I thought the movie was a like a roller coaster ride, in all aspects- the plot, the progression of the story, the twists and especially my opinion on it. It had a fantastic opening thanks to catwoman, then a little boring 20 minutes, than a perfect hour, from the minute batman goes back to business (classis and great action sequence) until bane and his followers occupy the city (the football scene is nevre recking). then, another boring 20-30 minutes- I didn't care much for blake and foley and gordon, they had the least interesting storyline. but the climax is fantastic, I loved the twists and the closurs. the last minute is awesome, perfect ending. eventually, the good wiped out the bad.9.5/10

That one few I did not like but TDKR.If Loki can fight even with Thor and Thor fought even with Hulk. How did Hulk beat Loki so easily. Loki would not be that stupid. Loki was portrayed as stupid in last 30 minutes of the film when he suppose to intelligent.

Thor only mostly held his own when he had the hammer. Something to note was that before Hulk jumped out of the Helicarrier onto the fighter jet was that he almost had Thor beat. And Loki, whilst holding his own against Thor, is not much of a fighter himself to begin with.