The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Baumer is kidding...Right...?There's no way you can call TDKR a "bad movie". You can dislike it, but calling it bad makes no sense when its critically even better than BB.Sure, everyone has their right to an opinion, but the majority wins. Always.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 5

Baumer is kidding...Right...?There's no way you can call TDKR a "bad movie". You can dislike it, but calling it bad makes no sense when its critically even better than BB.Sure, everyone has their right to an opinion, but the majority wins. Always.

It's border line bad.  6/10

It's a horribly flawed and ridiculously written film.

• Like 2

Immediate critical reaction isn't always the best judge of a film, especially one with a lot of hype behind it. Star Wars Episode 1 was well received upon first release and now look at it.

Honestly, I actually do like TDKR and consider it a good film. But there are a lot of flaws with it and I can completely understand why someone would dislike it.

• Like 2

Then you need to watch more action sequences.

That's not to say I dislike that action sequence (heck, I think it's the best in the movie), but it's not even close to being one of the most exhilarating I've ever seen.

Its not even close to being the best in the movie. I actually have no idea how anyone could come to the conclusion. Its just a bunch of people driving police cars or bikes in a straight line, how 'exhilarating' :rolleyes:

Edited by gladiator1
  • Like 3

Its not even close to being the best in the movie. I actually have no idea how anyone could come to the conclusion. Its just a bunch of people driving police cars or bikes in a straight line, how 'exhilarating' :rolleyes:

Way to oversimplify every single car/bike chase in every movie ever.

Way to oversimplify every single car/bike chase in every movie ever.

Nah, Matrix Reloaded for example, at least they had iconic shots of Trinity weaving in and out of trucks and cars on the wrong side or the road. That looked awesome. Here it didn't even seem like Nolan was trying to do anything fancy, yet all the Nolan worshipers still call it 'exhilarating'. If Nolan was reading this forum, he'd be laughing at you guys.

Bad Boys 2

The Island

Matrix Reloaded

Terminator 2

Transformers 3

Terminator 3

Wanted

Gone in 60 Seconds

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Bourne Identity

Bourne Supremacy

Bourne Ultimatum

Rush Hour 3 (yes I said it)

Gi Joe

Fast and Furious 5 & 6

All of these films have car chase scenes far more exhilarating than this, and these are just films at the top of my head involving cars so how anyone could say it's one of the most exhilarating action sequences of all time means they either haven't seen these films (unlikely), or they are just delusional (likely).

The scene I was reffering to was the scene when Batman and Catwomen are in the Bat ship flying around Gotham and it flies over a building by doing a flip.

It was featured a lot in the trailers and such and is the only action scene that has stayed from me from this film.

The scene I was reffering to was the scene when Batman and Catwomen are in the Bat ship flying around Gotham and it flies over a building by doing a flip.

It was featured a lot in the trailers and such and is the only action scene that has stayed from me from this film.

It does not flip during this scene. Are you mistaking it with this shot which was Batman dodging missiles at the end of the movie?

Posted Image

Nolan actions scenes in TDKR are mostly unimaginative and dull in terms of choregraphy and awe-inspiring criterias compared to his peers.

This shot is sloppy and dull for exemple and most of the sequence was unimpressive as well:

Posted Image

The only one that stood out was that stadium explosion in that traveling shot following the football player. The climax was a letdown if you expected that same level of staged action.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Just refresh everyones mind...

It has an 87% critics approval at Rotten Tomatoes
It has a 92% audience approval at Rotten Tomatoes
It has a 78% metacritic approal rating
It has an 8.5 user score at metacritic
It has an 8.7 score at imdb
It recieved an A CinemaScore
It was in the top 10 of AFI 2012 movies
It is the 7th highest grossing movie of All Time Domestically
It is the 9th highest grossing movie of All Time Internationally

(I haven't posted that in months!  :P )

• Like 5

As well as an 80 on Mrqe and a 91 on critic's choice.

SHUT UP for your own sake guys. You're not going to change anyone's minds by pointing towards box office or random-ass directors. Box office means virtually nothing. If you want to talk about the movie then talk about the damn movie, don't talk around it. 

• Like 8

Avatar has 83% critics approval on RT

Avatar has 84% audience approval on RT

Avatar has 83% metacritic approval rating on metacritic

Avatar has 7.5 user rating on metacritic

Avatar recieved an A cinemascore

Avatar was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar

Avatar is the 1st highest grossing movie of All Time Domestically

Avatar is the 1st highest grossing movie of All Time Internationally

Yet a lot of people think it's a bad film, quite understandably.

Nah, Matrix Reloaded for example, at least they had iconic shots of Trinity weaving in and out of trucks and cars on the wrong side or the road. That looked awesome. Here it didn't even seem like Nolan was trying to do anything fancy, yet all the Nolan worshipers still call it 'exhilarating'. If Nolan was reading this forum, he'd be laughing at you guys.

Bad Boys 2

The Island

Matrix Reloaded

Terminator 2

Transformers 3

Terminator 3

Wanted

Gone in 60 Seconds

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Bourne Identity

Bourne Supremacy

Bourne Ultimatum

Rush Hour 3 (yes I said it)

Gi Joe

Fast and Furious 5 & 6

All of these films have car chase scenes far more exhilarating than this, and these are just films at the top of my head involving cars so how anyone could say it's one of the most exhilarating action sequences of all time means they either haven't seen these films (unlikely), or they are just delusional (likely).

Considering I can barely even remember the car chases in Wanted, Rush Hour 3 and the Bourne films, I'd be inclined to disagree. (I can't remember many in Transformers 3 either, but I'm deliberately repressing my memories of that film, so that's understandable.) Also, I've never seen Gone in 60 seconds, Terminator 3, Bad Boys II or the Island so I can't count those.

Also, I'd point out that just because better car chases exist out there, it doesn't make TDKR's any worse.

So?

• Like 6