Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Nah most of that hatred was deserved cause it sucked, and there was a lot of MOS hatred once it actually opened. And if you look at overall box office, MOS had more competition, June was the biggest ever by more than 150m, and July 2013 was the second biggest ever (above July 2012)

You can't say ASM hatred wa deserved when reviews and scores are mostly positive
  • Like 1

Nah most of that hatred was deserved cause it sucked, and there was a lot of MOS hatred once it actually opened. And if you look at overall box office, MOS had more competition, June was the biggest ever by more than 150m, and July 2013 was the second biggest ever (above July 2012)

Both ASM and MOS had lots of competition. MOS was hit even worse though since it had two big movies open right on its second weekend

Amazing spidy was unfairly treated due to the whole "way too soon" factor, but personally I think ASM was superior to both MOS and BB as an origin film. The only prob I have with the film is the lizard otherwise it could've been one of the best superhero movies ever (it certainly is the best spidy movie thus far IMO).

As for competition, I have to give to MOS with MU performing to its high expected standards and WWZ way over performing, that is not to say that ASM did have tons of competition..

• Like 2

Amazing spidy was unfairly treated due to the whole "way too soon" factor, but personally I think ASM was superior to both MOS and BB as an origin film. The only prob I have with the film is the lizard otherwise it could've been one of the best superhero movies ever (it certainly is the best spidy movie thus far IMO).

As for competition, I have to give to MOS with MU performing to its high expected standards and WWZ way over performing, that is not to say that ASM did have tons of competition..

Yeah, the Lizard is lame. Thankfully TASM2 will have a much better villain this time : Electro ^_^

The lizard as a character isn't lame just the way they handled hiim in the film left much to be desired. To be honest I always thought spidy's rogues gallery is quite lame in general (I know I know, Im alone on this) with the exception of doc oc and venom ofcourse. Hope they do a good electro (and thank god they didn't go with his original costume!)

660 or 670 is quite fine, infact it's quite excellent for some1 like me who was expecting 500mill WW but I  understand it's disappointing for some who wanted the film to hit the 700 landmark or people like robinov who expected the movie to do a billion + (quite idiotic to be honest). Ultimately the film has done good money, sure it could've done more (one can say that about any movie) but the final tally is impressive non the less.

it's not like MOS got terrible scores either.MOS 6.2 RT 7.6 IMDBTASM 6.7 RT 7.1 IMDBIn fact I would say that they have equal scores

I think MOS word of mouth is very divided. Some people loved the film and consider it one of the best superhero films and other people hated it. There really is no clear consensus 

I think MOS word of mouth is very divided. Some people loved the film and consider it one of the best superhero films and other people hated it. There really is no clear consensus 

The biggest complain is about the excess of action and destruction... Sincerely, I thought I would never hear any complaint for that factor about any movie.

This makes me to remember what some people said when we saw the two first trailers. They said the movie had lack of action... :P

Edited by peludo

same with TASM, the only difference is that far more poeple loved MOS than TASM

Thats because most of the current generation compare MOS to SR, but TASM was compared to Raimi's Spider-man.

that's what makes TASM unnecessary, if we have a much better (and not really forgotten) Spider movies, why we need TASM franchise? in other hand, last good superman movie was 30 years ago, MOS was needed

660 or 670 is quite fine, infact it's quite excellent for some1 like me who was expecting 500mill WW but I  understand it's disappointing for some who wanted the film to hit the 700 landmark or people like robinov who expected the movie to do a billion + (quite idiotic to be honest). Ultimately the film has done good money, sure it could've done more (one can say that about any movie) but the final tally is impressive non the less.

Remember a lot of superhero franchise barely made $400M to $500M WW, XMEN, F4, HULK.

Raimi's SPIDEY is a little too mass audience-friendly for me to like, done in too broad a stroke.

TASM is no different. The only thing I like abt that movie is Emma Stone's stockings.

MoS did very good to excellent I say. Also of note: this Superman is a little darker

than the previous incarnations. I saw kids crying in one screening and their parents

have to take them out of the theater.