CJohn

The Croods OS thread

THE CROODS scored $63.3M overseas in 47 markets, 44 of those debuting #1. RUS - $12.9M, MEX - $9.5M, UK - $8.3M, GER - $4.3M

— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) March 24, 2013

Keep in mind that extensive previews were added to this number in some countries, such as Russia and Mexico.

Edited by Tower

THE CROODS scored $63.3M overseas in 47 markets, 44 of those debuting #1. RUS - $12.9M, MEX - $9.5M, UK - $8.3M, GER - $4.3M— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) March 24, 2013 Keep in mind that extensive previews were added to this number in some countries, such as Russia and Mexico.

Edited by Tower

computer animation without talking animals, that did great internationally:

TinTin  79% OS

Tangled 66% OS

but you are right talking animals work universally

Still Tangled has animals behaving like humans......

In Germany and Austria, it's doing better than HTTYD which is the minimum goal. WOM seems to be good - maybe the free tickets they gave away by the thousands helped.

The "Wickie"-fans kept HttyD back in Germany and Austria. Seems like "Flintstones"-fans are too old to matter.

HTTYD got excellent WOM here, it's just that the start was slow. It did good on DVD/BD afterwards and I think there's a lot of goodwill here for the sequel. Same might be true for the Croods, of course! I didn't watch it; I had free tickets but gave them to a friend of mine who went with his 8 year old, they both liked it very much. Other reactions I've heard are very positive too.