CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

At this point, I won't be shocked if it passes Titanic or Avatar...

Passing Avatar is impossible...passing Titanic on the other hand can't be so easily dismissed (I could see it getting real close with like $1.3-4m os and $600m dom).

Edit: I was using the updated Titanic ww gross after its 3D re-release, it could definitely beat Titanic's first run.

Edited by FTF

This is the OS thread though, I thought you meant WW.  (Not that dom was that realistic at all, but ww was impossible).

Thanks for making an assumption that it is just the mandarin that bothers people.  I must have unlearned how to read in the last 24 hours.  

RT has nothing to do with WOM.  When will some of you start to understand that?  And if you go to regular people writing reviews of it on imdb, it is mixed, about as mixed as you can get.

This is true. There are plenty of negative reviews (in the review section). People are sorely disappointed.

Eh Batman and Superman will be fine. But a copycat JL is probably a bad idea at this point. Should just do World's Finest

Doing both would be the best approach.

It's not like either would lose money unless they hired Joel Schumacher as director and Taylor Kitsch as Batman.

• Like 2

Still has a chance. Though tough.

If the big success continues with TDW, CAWS, and a surprise with GoTG then yeah I can see momentum build to think that one can't dismiss the chance of it marching Titanic WW. I'd probably be out of that club though at least initially.

TA2:

DOM 600

OS 1.1bi

WW 1.7bi

IMHO, is more difficult to reach 600 again (although I do not discard it), than a higher increase OS. 1.1 billion OS is too low. "Just" 200 million more in three years. Original Titanic's run (1.25 billion OS) should be the target

2015 = MOS 2, Flash

2016 = Batman Reboot (no origin story), Wonder Woman

2017 = World's Finest, Green Lantern (John Stewart/dark tone)

2018 = Batman 2, MOS 3, Wonder Woman 2

2020 = Justice League

etc, etc...An easy billion dollar per year gravy train staring them in the face!

That's how I'd do it anyway.  :)

Edited by grey ghost