CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

I just checked STiD release schedule, the movie will open in these markets on either May 9th or May 10:

UK, Australia, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Sweden, New Zealand, Mexico, Taiwan.

Out of those markets, IM3 will lose to Trek in European countries and Australia it seems, but it might still beat it in Taiwan and Mexico. Or maybe that would be hard since it's already in its 3rd weekend then.

Everyone's hyping Germany up but they don't like superhero films...

Both Iron Man and IM2 made under $10M.

I don't think IM1 and IM2 are the barometer. Avengers is the barometer if you look at how it is performing in other markets. TA made $30m in Germany, so IM3 should be able to make at least $20-25m.

• Like 1

Reading the earlier pages in this thread was fun. Attitudes towards The Hobbit's slow-but-steady box office pace have me smh. Floppit!  :rofl:  Enough of that, though.  My prediction for IM3's OS haul is $700M. If anyone thinks that's trolling, well, the so-called "Floppit" made that much though that's not why I'm predicting it for RDJ & Co. My confidence stems from several factors: 3D spectacle, the Avengers boost, RDJ's massive popularity, balls-to-the-wall action and terrific trailers selling the same. I'm tempted to make an IM3 over TDKR thread, but I'm sure it would be closed as soon as it opened. For a movie as good as IM3 gives every indication of being, topping $448M/$1.08B is not unthinkable.

I wish I can be confident as you Talkie I'm thinking 550 right now, but I love your prediction more and I definitely root for it to happen  ;) If 700M happened, I swear I will find and like as many posts from you as possible to celebrate your awesome call  :wub:

Looks like it's a very good chance that I have to start counting the days till IM3 hit 700M OS, and pay my dues  :P Gladly so  :wub:

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

Looks like it's a very good chance that I have to start counting the days till IM3 hit 700M OS, and pay my dues  :P Gladly so  :wub:

I was doing my Nostradamus impersonation back then, but I just knew, the same way I knew that The Avengers would break a billion. We'll soon find out whether my predictive powers extend beyond Marvel Studios' offerings, as I have STD performing more poorly than most here think, MOS not lighting up the box office and Pacific Rim stumbling to a sub-$200M finish stateside. 

Iron Man 3 VS The Avengers Opening Comparisons Intl. (Updated As of April 29, 2013) RANK TERRITORY IRON MAN3 THE AVENGERS GAIN/LOSS

This is just terrific !

Edited by Ent

Something missing  ... ?

Israel, Avengers opened to 750K (more than the totals for IM and IM2), but IM3 only opens this weekend, so it doesn't matter yet.

Also East Africa, Ecuador, Nigeria, Ghana.

Edited by Tower