CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Screendaily

The Marvel Studios blockbuster merited a mention by Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger in Tuesday’s [7] earnings call and has reached $711.3m worldwide and $525.8m internationally.

Vietnam has become the first market where Iron Man 3has surpassed the total gross of The Avengers. Disney sources said a handful of Asian markets were also approaching that mark.

Thus far China remains the lead market on $66.2m through the end of Monday, followed by South Korea on $43.8m, the UK on $40.4m, Mexico on $36.8m, Brazil on $30.4m, France on $28.7m and Australia on $28.5m.

Iron Man 3 has generated $26m in Russia, $17.7m in Japan, $17.6m in Italy, $15.6m in Taiwan, $12.6m in the Philippines, $11.5m in Indonesia, $11m in Malaysia and $10.9m in Hong Kong.

Hasn't IM3 already surpassed TA's gross in Malaysia too? According to BOM, TA made $10.9m and IM3 is at $11m. And I believe that is also an all time record. Next is Indonesia, only needs $450,000 more to pass TA. After that, the Philippines, Hong Kong, South Korea will follow. Any other countries where IM3 will make more than TA? How about Mexico and Brazil?

Edited by catlover

Hasn't IM3 already surpassed TA's gross in Malaysia too? According to BOM, TA made $10.9m and IM3 is at $11m. And I believe that is also an all time record. Next is Indonesia, only needs $450,000 more to pass TA. After that, the Philippines, Hong Kong, South Korea will follow. Any other countries where IM3 will make more than TA? How about Mexico and Brazil?

It'll definitely break $100m in China. TA did just under $90m.

IM3 will surpass TA in China for sure. Russia very likely. I think India is also a possibility? (not sure on this one, paging Fake)

The whole Latin America region, IM3 opened higher than TA in some territories, on par in a few, and slightly lower the rest. All that's left to see is if it can match TA's legs. IIRC, TA grossed a record 200M+ in Latin America, I think IM3 might come quite close.

It'll definitely break $100m in China. TA did just under $90m.

IM3 will surpass TA in China for sure. Russia very likely. I think India is also a possibility? (not sure on this one, paging Fake)

The whole Latin America region, IM3 opened higher than TA in some territories, on par in a few, and slightly lower the rest. All that's left to see is if it can match TA's legs. IIRC, TA grossed a record 200M+ in Latin America, I think IM3 might come quite close.

Oh yeah, China too. Really amazed with its OS gross. Never thought it would make $700m+, or break records easily in my country.

Screendaily

The Marvel Studios blockbuster merited a mention by Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger in Tuesday’s [7] earnings call and has reached $711.3m worldwide and $525.8m internationally.

Vietnam has become the first market where Iron Man 3has surpassed the total gross of The Avengers. Disney sources said a handful of Asian markets were also approaching that mark.

Thus far China remains the lead market on $66.2m through the end of Monday, followed by South Korea on $43.8m, the UK on $40.4m, Mexico on $36.8m, Brazil on $30.4m, France on $28.7m and Australia on $28.5m.

Iron Man 3 has generated $26m in Russia, $17.7m in Japan, $17.6m in Italy, $15.6m in Taiwan, $12.6m in the Philippines, $11.5m in Indonesia, $11m in Malaysia and $10.9m in Hong Kong.

doesnot make any sense

What about Argentina,Chile,Turkey,Colombia?

Argentina:

IM total: 1.54M

IM2 total: 2.57M

Avengers OW: 3.58M

IM3 OW: 3.85M

Turkey:

IM total: 1.66M

IM2 total: 1.84M

Avengers OW: 1.19M

IM3 OW: 1.42M

Chile:

IM total: 1.38M

IM2 total: 1.45M

Avengers OW: 1.73M

IM3 OW: 1.98M

Colombia:

IM total: 1.71M

IM2 total: 1.28M

Avengers OW: 2.31M

IM3 OW: 2.49M

It's everywhere.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 5

Argentina:IM total: 1.54MIM2 total: 2.57MAvengers OW: 3.58MIM3 OW: 3.85MTurkey:IM total: 1.66MIM2 total: 1.84MAvengers OW: 1.19MIM3 OW: 1.42MChile:IM total: 1.38MIM2 total: 1.45MAvengers OW: 1.73MIM3 OW: 1.98MColombia:IM total: 1.71MIM2 total: 1.28MAvengers OW: 2.31MIM3 OW: 2.49MIt's everywhere.

wonderful
  • Like 1

#IronMan3 doing gangbusters in SE Asia. Indonesia & Malaysia join Vietnam as mkts where it has beaten Avengers total.

China, HK, SK, India and Philippines can be added to that list. Hell all of Asia, it's putting rest of the world to shame barring Latin America.  :D  :D  :D

Edited by druv10

He's the anti-BKB. Hates all of their movies but makes gigantic predictions. :lol:

Yeah, I figure as much. He predicted big numbers for TA last year. And he usually low-balling movies he likes too, right? Like TDKR? That turned out quite interesting  :lol:  :ph34r: