CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Australian total is already #2 Marvel film of all time here... (only TA is above it now which it won't catch...)

on target to nearly double Iron Man 2's total of 22m USD :P (which is currently #3 on the list right now)

(Spider-man films are way down further due to a horrible exchange rate when they were released)

(in AUD Spider-man is still 2nd all time but will be passed within the week......)

Honestly, what is this looking at overseas? Domestically, it's going to do around $450m, so it would only need $890m overseas to dethrone Potter worldwide. Can it do it?

I don't think so, 890M OS is too big. It has a very good chance at 800M though. No. 5 WW is pretty sweet to me. Personally, I would want DHII to retain its spot, its overseas performance is incredible, it's deserving of that position.

• Like 1

Damn! 504M already? With 175M 2nd weekend? Wow. I never thought it would do more than 700M OS, let alone 800M! But yes, beating DH2 WW seems unlikely.

Btw, IM3 is now the 2nd movie ever that made more than $10M in Indoensia. The first one was The Avengers (all time #1 - $11.9M total), and IM3 is already at $10.6M in 2 weeks!  :blink:  That is ridiculous. It's not only gonna break the record, it's gonna CRUSH it.

Japan is the canary in the coal mine,once again.its performance there is pretty disappointing IMO.

Nah, it's solid actually. You must remember, superhero movies other than Spider-Man have never been big in Japan. It's going to make more than $20M, maybe $25M or even more depending on the legs. That is great for a superhero movies, especially Iron Man, who was literally unknown before the movies, and nobody cared about until The Avengers. Also, Japan is not an expanding market. So like in other established markets, you can't expect it to outgross TA.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

I don't think it will be able to dethrone HPDH2 but nonetheless, it will be sweet to have two James Cameron movies at the top, followed by two Marvel's ones..Then in 2015, Three Cameron movies followed by three Marvel ones.... :D 

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

I don't think it will be able to dethrone HPDH2 but nonetheless, it will be sweet to have two James Cameron movies at the top, followed by two Marvel's ones..Then in 2015, Three Cameron movies followed by three Marvel ones.... :D 

Sounds amazing.

• Like 1

Actually Cameron secretly directed and produced TA and Ironman 3. They gave the credit to others because the studios dont want to make the boxoffice game sound too unfair.

• Like 1

It would be really funny if IM3 managed to whiz past HP8 and take that #4 spot. What would be even funnier is if The Golden Avenger aced The Boy Who Lived by just a few dollars. The meltdowns would be so fun to watch. 

Posted Image